August 25, 2011

Foundation Series: Guerlain Lingerie de Peau

I took a short break from my liquid foundation series, but here it is again! It's amazing how you rediscover great products within your stash when doing series like this, because I had ignored this particular foundation for quite some time. 


Guerlain Lingerie de Peau foundation feels almost like second skin. I don't believe there is any other foundation that feels as comfortable as this. It wears very well during the day and keep all signs of oilies at bay. That's quite surprising for Guerlain, especially as their older foundation lines tends to be really mediocre in my books. I had done an initial review of this foundation, click here to see more

The product is thicker in consistency and much less fluid than the MUFE HD foundation or GA Lasting Silk UV Foundation. 


The colour shades for Guerlain tends to steer towards the pinkish side, and too much so. It explains why I don't use this particularly often. The colour somehow looks a little strange on me, but not overly so. I wear it, look decent in it, but it doesn't give me the 'WOW' effect that I get with GA Lasting Silk UV Foundation or even with Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturiser. 


Coverage is medium. In fact, no powder is required because it provides a nice matte feeling, and yet still looks like satin on the skin. 



Surprisingly, this foundation did very well when I was living in Singapore. And it does even better here in cooler climates! I don't get that suffocating feeling that I'm forming an oily t-zone, nor do I suffer from extreme cakiness as a result of my dry skin. After 8 solid hours, the coverage of the foundation is still great!



In summary, I think this foundation will really do wonders for ladies who are a little more of a fairer pinkier complexion. It's a bit of a struggle to find the right shade, but if you have been matched perfectly, then it's a great foundation all in all. It has great medium coverage, satin in finish, matte control for oilier skin types, and feels like you're not wearing anything at all on your skin!

Overall ratings
4 out of 5 stars

1 comment:

BV said...

Oh, I am defn putting this on my "to try" list. You have lovely skin though pre foundies so it is a bit hard to tell re: coverage...
umm

Thanks for the post!!
BV

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...