June 21, 2011

Benefit's Posietint for Summer Simplicity

As the longest day approaches here in Copenhagen (only barely seeing an hour of darkness on the days spanning 22-24th June), daytime summer looks are preferred. I find that less is more and go for very simple looks. In less than 10 makeup products from base to point makeup, I'm out of the door in less than 15 minutes.

Today's FOTD encompasses Armani Eyes to Kill in #1 which I mentioned yesterday and a cheek stain, Posietint. Glamour UK (June edition) has released a few mini 4mL freebies (Benetint, Posietint and High Beam), and it reminded me to use the things that I still have in my stash.


Benefit Posietint is no stranger to the avid beauty connoisseur. A sequel the cult Benetint, Benefit continues to release a number of cheek stains. Latest that I heard, they have released a coral cheek tint called Cha Cha Tint. Each 'nail-polish'-like container contains 12.5mL. 


I'm not too big a fan of the applicator brush; it's flimsy and hard to control. I'm not even sure what the right method is exactly, but the tip is to blend it real quick before it sets!


The shade is simply a candy floss pink. The pinks that Japanese girls go gaga over. 



I have a love-hate relationships with cheek tints. They're messy and they dry too quickly for my liking, leaving a streaky mess. Benefit readjusted the formulation for Posietint, making it creamier and easier to blend. But still, if you leave it a little bit too long (lets say 30 seconds), you still get a stubborn streak that just won't budge. The beauty of cheek stains, however, is that it stays put all day. Dance all night and you still get a beautiful color on your cheeks. 




With the right amount, I daresay that the cheek stain looks like my own natural flush.  


In summary, I think it's a nice summer product. Cheek stains and cream blushes are great go-to-products for late and hot summery nights. It's a shade that can be easily duped by other companies so if you're tight on cash, you won't have to look too hard to find something comparable.


Rock on Summer! <3

2 comments:

Jess said...

Looove your less is more look, Tracy!! Benefit Posie Tint looks ueber cute on you! <3

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

You look great! I've wanted to try that tint for awhile now :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...