May 2, 2011

New York is a city that never sleeps

Flying into New York, seeing the horizon of skyscrapers. What a feeling! From the first cab ride into Manhattan, the first time you see broadway before the show starts, or the feeling of getting a semi-permanent neck strain because you're so bedazzled of all the lights at Times Square. So that was all Day 1, two hours after my arrival.

Second day was all about the shopping at 5th Avenue and venturing into the suburbs of NYC. 5th Avenue is where your credit card melts from excessive swiping. All the flagship stores stretching from midtown to downtown New York - H&M, Top Shop, Saks Fifth Avenue, Sephora, Gap, Victoria Secret, Hollister, Banana Republic, and the biggest Macys I have ever seen.



The best thing about New York is that you're never go hungry. On every corner of the street, you will find a street vendor selling hotdogs, pretzels and peanuts. Even walking around in New York all day, I can't help but gobble down yummy hotdogs all day.


Empire State Building from a distance.


 The New York Public Library stands right bang on the 42nd steet.





I met up with a friend of mine, and we both had African American food at one of the restaurants at Soho.


I got off the beaten path and headed towards Greenwich Village, for lush greens, cafes and restaurants. Home to New York University and the Washington Square Park, this place gives you the ultimate experience in culture, restaurant and cafes.







At Union Square, the total US deficits is 'proudly' displayed, and ironically nobody really cares. 



I feel like I could live in this city. It's one of the most spectacular places I have been to, and I would come here again and again. Now I just need to find a project here so I can move here.

I hope you enjoyed Day 2 of New York City. Day 3 coming up soon!

2 comments:

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Looking at your pics makes me nostalgic about my visit to NY a few yrs ago :) I went during the summer time, which was very humid and hot. I remember visiting the Empire State Building but they were renovating so every spectacular moment was ruined by people painting the walls and measuring stuff :p Your drugstore haul is pretty neat although I am envious of women who live in Asia and have access to all those Asian makeups :) What's it like in Denmark? You should do a collage of pics of a day in the life (on a weekend or something) :) Denmark sounds incredibly beautiful and somewhat of a mystery :)

adsy1234567 said...

Great post, just looking at the pictures makes me excited! Really wish I would be able to visit NY soon! Have fun for the rest of your time in NY!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...