May 1, 2011

New hair + eggplant EOTD

If you scroll through my previous entries, you would have realised how badly damaged my hair was due to my perm job. I realised that perms are just not for me - straight or curly. It's time that I leave my hair alone. My hair has suffered as a result of years and years of straightening and perming. Although I looked great in the first 2 months, my scalp started to complain with excessive hair fall and high sensitivity.

I also coloured my hair every 3-4 months, and again, it looked fabulous at first but the colour fades into a dry haylike mess. I went to Yo-C Salon at New York City 5th Street near Broadway Lafayette, to cut my dry ends off and dye it back to my natural colour. My hairdresser named Reiko did a good job except she probably thinned my ends a little too much for my liking. But anyway, it's only hair - it'll grow back. :-)

Alot of my permed ends are cut off, so I played around with my large barrel tong to give back the toussled large curls which I love.


For a period of time, I also lost interest in eyeshadows and makeup Denmark. The large majority of women here wear barely any makeup, and yet still look fabulously beautiful with their blonde locks. On the other hand, the women in the US always wear makeup, which made me feel slightly awkward for not wearing a single bit of makeup during my trip. So arriving back from the US last night, I felt motivated to use my dark sultry eyeshadows. Dark smokey eyes look great with my darker coloured hair.


Today's EOTD is all about eggplanty deep purple shades. Bobbi Brown Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow in Eggplant are truly beautiful, and complements Anna Sui's Eye Colour Accent in 206. I used MAC Vanilla Pigment as the brow highlight and one generous coat of Dior Extase Mascara.



Under natural lighting:

Under flash photography:


It's great to be back in Denmark. I need to get back into the roll of things after being on holidays for a week. My bank account also needs a break. haha.

More photos on New York City coming up! Stay tuned. :-)

3 comments:

adsy1234567 said...

I really like your hair!! the big waves look so pretty, nice eye makeup too!!

Jess said...

I like the length of your new haircut, Tracy! Eggplant colors look so pretty on you!

Tracy said...

@adsy1234567: Thank you! I wish I didn't have to tong my hair everyday to achieve that look.

@Jess: I always wish I could have super long hair but I realise that it'll make me look like a bimbo at work. Mid-length hair is always alot more 'professional' looking.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...