March 3, 2011

Lusting for Wet N Wild Coloricon Eyeshadow Palette



One of my best mates in Singapore has converted into a full-blown makeup junkie thanks to me. We both used the opportunity to try out some Wet N Wild eyeshadow palettes that took the whole beauty industry by storm. There's so many reasons you should have this palette if you don't already own it. 1. It is highly pigmented, 2. the colours are beautifully coordinated in the pan and 3. it's CHEAP!

Get yours from nonpareilboutique.com



Today I decided to use WnW's Coloricon Eyeshadow palettes, using most of the shades in this palette (2 mattes and 3 shimmery colours). 

On the left are all the matte shades. There is a fleshy white shade, mid-tone purple, and dark purple. Pigmentation is beyond belief! 



One swipe. Impressive.


Then there's 3 shimmery shades; a brighter white, gunmetal grey, and a deep plummy purple. The shimmery shades are infused with shimmer and it is not glittery at all.  

So lets begin.

1. Firstly, I used a large shader brush (here I'm using Stila No. 5 brush), and applied the fleshy toned white shade all over my lid. 


2. Using a MAC 239 shader brush, I applied the mid-tone matte purple all along my lid. Because the shade is so heavily pigmented, I kept the shade just a little below my crease. 


3. Now using a MAC pencil brush, dipping lightly into the shimmery off-white shade and applied softly to the inner corners of my eyes. This gives a little bit more dimension to the colour on my lid. Warning, there seems to be some fallout with the eyeshadows, probably because it's incredibly soft. 

btw, has anyone experienced the ferrall of the MAC brushes start to 'tarnish'? I can't seem to get mine off. If anyone has a solution, please let me know!

4. Using the same brush and applying to the gunmetal shade to the outer crease area. Since I didn't apply too much of the step 2, I tapped the tiniest bit and blended it downwards so that the purple and grey shades will 'fuse'. 

5. I like to use the same brush to apply dark shades along my eyelid in a gradation manner. Concentrate the last dark gothic plum shade to the outer lash line and extending out. The MAC pencil brush is so versatile that way. Don't worry about it looking messy, you're going to blend your heart out on the last step. 


6. Blend!


7. Curl my curtain eyelashes with Shu Uemura Lash Curler.


8. Apply Lancome Cils Booster mascara base. It helps to make your eyelashes more fuller and longer. It applies as a white coat. 


9. And one coat of YSL Faux Cils mascara. By now you'll notice some dark eyeshadow fall out. >_<


Finished the look with NYX Tea Rose. I find that NYX round lipsticks glide on your lips like cement, but I wish it was more moisturising. But if you're afraid of whipping out $30 for a high-end bright coloured lipstick, NYX is the way to go.



Tea Rose is a lovely rosey pink colour. 



This is what I mean by cement. NYX round lipsticks penetrates the creases of your lips, and has NO moisturising qualities at all. If it did, it would surpass many high end lipsticks in terms of quality and value. I suppose you pay for what you get. 


Well, that concludes my sort of drugstore look. Even though my blog is infiltrated with high-end makeup, it doesn't mean that I don't like drugstore products. It's just that drugstore makeup in Singapore is so pricey that if I paid a few more dollars, I'll be getting MAC. I can imagine that if I lived in the US, I'll be hauling nonstop at CVS.



TGIF! Well, almost... in 2 hrs. :) Woopie! I really need a HUGINORMOUS holiday after the crazy workload I have this week. It's going to be a really really rough month for me with me moving, intense travel schedule, and catching up with all my Singaporean friends for the last time before I settle in Copenhagen. Trust me, I'm getting cold feet already!! I just love Singapore too much!

That's why I'm packing my entire stash of makeup to Copenhagen because makeup just makes me happy Yes, you can judge me. Superficial me. :-)

5 comments:

Miaka said...

Love your step by step instruction on how to apply the colours in this palette. I hav to try mine one of these days. :)

Cherry Wu said...

Wow, now everyone is trying out wet and wild. I can't find it anywhere online though...sad... And why does tea rose look so much better on you! So unfair, haha^0^

Crystal Luvz said...

You're right, this palette is soooo pretty, versatile and cheap! Would get it the next time I see it! =p

Tracy said...

@Miaka: Thanks :) So busy that I haven't had a chance to post my purchases with u yet.

@Cherry Wu: You can find Wet & Wild at Non Pareil Boutique. The selection may not be updated but they have decent prices.

@Crystal Luvz: I hope you like it as much as I do!

Angeline said...

Nice!! Y didn't u share your blog earlier ?

I'm not a makeup or beauty junkie cos I'm pure lazy! But it's nice to get some tips from you & R :))

Luv; Angeline

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...