March 13, 2011

I love it when I finish beauty products


I love it when I start to see the 'water line' of my beauty products fall to less than 25% of the bottle. In fact, I get quite excited.



I have finally finished 9 products, amidst all the shopping. So technically, I am not allowed to call this a Project 10-pan. 

Here's my combination of skincare, hair care, perfume, and makeup products that are finito!


Dior Serum de Rouge Lip Treatment in 640 is a fantastic product. Except for the annoying clicking sound, my lips have really enjoyed the moisturising qualities of this lipstick. 


The IPSA Pure Control Base (Pink) was a GWP from Ipsa, a brand which I have grown to love and trust in their base makeup range. This is a nice primer however it's very small in quantity - 15mL! It does a great job in illuminating the skin. 


RMK's Creamy Makeup Base Mat was an average primer for me. I didn't feel that it made my makeup stay on longer, but it did help in my foundation application. 


Chanel Coco Madamoiselle has become my signature scent. It has literally taken me one whole year to finish my 100mL bottle. But I love the scent, and my colleagues recognise me just on scent alone. It's sad to see this bottle go. I will probably not repurchase anytime soon because I have a few other bottles of Eau de Parfum that I should probably finish first. 


Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturiser is an incredible product, hands down. I have not used the new oil-free version, but I have to agree with all the positive reviews on Makeupalley that the original version is worth all the hype. It gives the most beautiful dewy finish, covers blemishes, and has a color selection that is suitable for asians. 


Paul & Joe Light Cleansing Milk was definitely not my favourite skincare product (but I still finished the bottle nevertheless). I felt that it did nothing to remove my makeup. 

However, Paul & Joe's Refreshing Skin Toner is lovely. The scent of citrus orange flower makes this toner a nice addition to my skincare routine. 


Laneige Strawberry Yoghurt Peeling Gel was a purchase made AGES ago. I kept this in my bathroom, and the product was getting so old that it started to smell of plastic. The packaging has also cracked on the sides. I loved it when it was fresh, but over time, I found myself using it more out of obligation rather than indulgence.


And finally, my second bottle of Fekkai's Technician Color Care Shampoo is finally finished. I prefer the conditioner over the shampoo. This line did amazing things to my hair when I first started using it but the effects plateaued off over continuous use. I will probably not repurchase. 

What beauty products have you finished recently?

3 comments:

Justine (Productrater) said...

wow a year to finish that perfume, I think it would take me longer. congrats on finishing! I've never finished a product before, I just get sick of it and stop using it. ;P

Lilladylife said...

wow!!! u def fin more primers than anyone i have seen so I love seeing ur reviews for them!!!! do you keep all your product boxes? awesome!

Fannie said...

It taks me fover to finish anything. It's great that you finished a whole body of perfume. I have a bunch just sitting and expiring now. =[ That's what happens when you get greedy and collect scents.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...