February 28, 2011

Switching Mondays to Fridays with a Simple Red Lip

Fridays in my office are dress-down days. Mondays are usually boring and depressing days. So how do we switch boring Mondays into fun pseudo-Fridays? Do something different with your makeup and outfit! Why not?

Today I am featuring a red lip, just because I needed to spruce up my "lets start the week with a bang, shall we?" outlook. 

With red lips you need a flawless complexion. I paid more attention to the base makeup today, making sure blemishes are concealed.


Then I used some neutral eye makeup using Bobbi Brown's Nude Palette. It's almost on the same league of the Urban Decay Palette but with a more satin finish. The colours are less intense, but it doesn't mean it's less pretty. Lined my upper lash line with MAC's Blitz & Glitz fluidline. And added more 'ooomph' to my lashes with a coat of Lancome Cils Booster and YSL Faux Cils Mascara.


I actually did nothing to my cheeks today - for a change. I didn't want too much colour going on. I just wanted to focus on my lips.

Metro had their 20% sale last week, and so I used the opportunity to purchase a Chanel Lip Pencil in Framboise. It was released in their Spring 2011 collection, and I would describe it to be a pinky red. Not a true red, which is easy to pair with any other type of red lipstick.




Firstly, I used the Body Shop Shea Lip Butter which feels absolutely divine on the lips and smells glorious.



Then I lined my lips with Chanel Framboise Lip Pencil, which glided on so smoothly. And what I do notice with Chanel lip liners are that they are exquisitely packaged with a pencil sharpener and lip brush. I like that special thought companies put into their products. It certainly saves me the trouble of looking for a pencil sharpener (I am look at you Stila).



Then I filled the rest of my lips with the same Chanel Framboise Lip Pencil.


I used the brush that comes with the Chanel Lip Pencil and applied one coat of MAC Red lipstick. I would describe this lipstick to be more blue-toned than Russian Red (which I don't own... yet).



We all know that red lips has to be perfectly defined. This will you bring you from 'auntie from the street' to 'poster girl' in an instant! So I used Dior's Nude Concealer, to outline and further define my outer lip area. It doesn't have the highest concealing properties, but it's hydrating and does not cake up. Who wants a cakey moustache anyway?






And finally a mysterious guest... the Urban Decay Pocket Rocket Lipgloss to just make my lips a little bit more moisturised, glossy and yummy. 



My lip gear used today


- Diorskin Nude Skin Perfecting Hydrating Concealer
- MAC Red Lipstick (Satin)
- Chanel Precision Lip Definer in Framboise 37
- Urban Decay Pocket Rocket in Timothy


I hope you have a fun-tastic makeup Monday! :-)

4 comments:

Miaka said...

Love your red lips today! Do review the hauls u purchased today. :)

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

I love red lips! You look well rested and ready to start your Monday ;)

Ki said...

You carry red off so well! :)

Tracy said...

@Miaka: Shopping with you is always so fun.

@Rainy Days and Lattes: Monday mornings are always a drag. I'm waiting for you to do red lips too. Haha! :)

@Ki: Thank you! I plan to wear bold colours more often.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...