February 14, 2011

The Secret to the YSL Top Secrets Flash Radiance Skincare Brush

Ever since YSL left Singapore shores, it has become relatively more difficult to access their products. However, for the desperate YSL consumer, you can still purchase their products at Duty Free stores. For me, I buy most of my YSL makeup from Hong Kong, Seibu at Mongkok.

Corporate advertisement
The YSL Flash Radiance Brush was complimentary gift when you purchased the YSL touche eclat and YSL faux cils mascara. For 30mL, that is a fairly generous deluxe sample, as the full size has a 40mL capacity. Instead of being attached with a brush, this deluxe sample comes in a tube. Honestly, I prefer simplistic packaging and I don't see the need for a cumbersome brush.


So what exactly is it? It's actually a makeup primer! Who could have guessed that with the product name sounding very much like skincare right?


And simply put, this primer has become my favourite, especially after hot yoga. Why, you may ask? The gentle tingling cooling sensation it imparts when applied on your bare face is something I look forward. The cooling sensation is more predominant after hot yoga, where the pores are open due to the heat. At first I was wondering if it was my foundation or the primer that was giving me the tingling sensation. Later I found out that this primer was the secret.


Perhaps its the micro-beads seen in the product. The lipophillic gel dissolves immediately in my skin, and spreads smoothly all over without a silicony texture. The consistency is smooth like a cream, but takes about 2 minutes to settle in. Afterwhich, this primer gifts me with radiance and smooth skin that makes foundation so easy to apply. Comparing this to other primers, the properties are alot more dewy and moisturising, which then explains why my Guerlain Lingerie de Peau foundation looks alot more flawless with the YSL Flash Radiance Skincare Brush as compared to the IPSA pure control base.

After applying the primer...
After foundation
In summary, this is an amazing product. Apart from the flimsy brush packaging, the YSL Flash Radiance Skincare Brush offers skincare and makeup benefits. I'm really enjoying this deluxe sample that I know I will purchase the full size when this runs out.


All the products used to feature the above work-safe look.
- YSL Flash Radiance Skincare Brush
- Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Foundation
- Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Zero
- Lancome Cils Booster XL lash primer
- YSL Faux Cils mascara
- Paul & Joe Lip Lacquer in 09
- Nars Multiple Tint in Cadeques


2 comments:

Lilladylife said...

very nice review! that lipstick is an extreamly flattering shade on you!

Tracy said...

Liladylife, thanks! I'm starting to appreciate reds!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...