February 26, 2011

Illuminance with Anna Sui Protective Base Makeup


Today, I drew my curtains wide open to test out Anna Sui's Protective Foundation Primer C. Retails island-wide for SGD49, starting from 1st of March 2011. 



Anna Sui will be releasing a new range of base makeup to add to their already extensive collection of products. Their new range of base makeup products are targeted for oily skinned ladies with an extra sun protection factor of 38 PA++ to shield against hot and humid climates. 

I find it incredibly annoying when I've put on a full face of makeup in the morning, fixed it with a gazillion fix sprays, and in a few hours I already experience my makeup sliding. And, you just can't avoid it here in Singapore. Walking from the MRT to the Hereen will make me bead sweat and oily without a doubt. And, I just detest that feeling of my foundation sliding from my forehead to my chin and neck. 

So, the concept of the Anna Sui Protective Foundation Primer C is not to compromise on the 'oh-so-loved' dewy factor, and yet still holds strong against the sebum. It serves well for anyone who's not so big on liquid foundation, and topped off with a little bit of pressed powder, your skin will look suitably prepped for work. And for anyone else who prefers more coverage, this primer will give your long-lasting oil control foundation (that tends to be very matte in finish) a boost in illuminance. 


There is only one shade in 200 Platinum Purple. It appears more of a lilac purple in person. The texture is quite emollient and creamy. It spreads very easily with your fingers. I'll be quite interested to see how it fares in terms of oil control, but I need to trial run it for a week to gage how it performs. 

I did notice the floral scent and this is signature to all Anna Sui cosmetics. I like it, but I can understand anyone who might prefer non-scented products. 


You will need about two pea-sized amounts to spread to your entire face. Here, I will be testing the left side of my face to show you the dewiness that this primer will create. 

On bare face

It's fairly obvious that the left side is more 'illuminated' than the right. I also intentionally made sure that when I took this shot I was standing at an area where I was getting equal amounts of light to both sides of my face. So no bias here!


The primer didn't completely conceal my pinky undertones, but that can be easily fixed with liquid foundation or loose powder. As you can see, the primer did a fantastic job to even out my sullen skin tone. Here I used a smidgen of Anna Sui's Loose Compact Powder UV. 


The powder comes out of small incisions that drums the loose powder, which appears to have a lilac shade as well. My only issue was that I could not transfer much powder to the puff. Another reason why I prefer compact pressed powder. 


The loose powder comes in capsules that you can easily refill into the most gorgeous, and most beautiful Anna Sui case. I have a soft spot for anything with pretty packaging and Anna Sui wins over rivals hands down. I remember raving on about Anna Sui cases with my colleague, and will intentionally get a refill just so that my current case will be fully utilised. So I have a stash of compact powders sitting pretty but waiting to be used. *guilty!*


The Anna Sui Loose Compact Powder UV, has a SPF of 15 PA++, but only contains 4g. Now, it makes sense that you wouldn't want to be carrying that much loose powder anyway. It's a novelty to be carrying loose powder instead of pressed powder. And we all love the translucent finish loose powder gives us, which pressed powders aren't able to achieve.

Edited 27/02/11: That said... 4g is a tiny amount of product. I recall my Lunasol deluxe sized loose powders are sized at 3g. So I expected more product in each capsule. 


Now isn't the casing glamorous? =-)


Anna Sui's Dolly Girl lipstick in Shade 003 was peeking at me today. I was curious to see how it feels and looks on my lips. 


The shade runs on a sheerer side, but feels adequately moisturising on the lips, with a little slip.  There are 3 shades in the limited edition special packaging, and I believe there is a brighter rosy pink if you prefer more pigmented colours. 


The shape of the lipstick is different of course. It reminds of the bullet-like exterior packaging of MAC lipsticks. 



I love today's FOTD. I love my glowy skin thanks to Anna Sui's Protective Foundation Primer C. I brushed on MAC's shimmery mineralize skinfinish blush in Daft Pink to my cheeks to make my skin even more glowy! LOVE! 




Happy weekend everybody! 

1 comment:

Haru said...

hi Tracy,
For the Anna Sui loose powder, try pressing the powder puff down on the plastic sheet and then rotating the puff to help get more powder on it.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...