February 12, 2011

Brace yourself for the Braceless Me!

Wow, the time clock has certainly reversed ever since I started having braces... see my post here

So, I started the arduous process of braces since December 2009, which includes monthly dentist visits, food getting stuck in my brackets, embarrassing moments of trying to get that stubborn bit of chicken out of my molars, and not to mention I was constantly being teased for looking like a 17-year old in a VERY conservative office. I remember the first day I rocked up to the office and I shocked everyone. 

Brace yourself... 

Because today you will get to see me with a toothy smile! 


Although I only had braces for 14 months, I had to speed the process because of my relocation. To be honest, I kinda miss my braces. Give me a few days and I'll be totally loving my new look!

And you will notice that in previous FOTDs, I hate showing my teeth. That's because over a long period, my teeth has become discoloured and it's just simply too embarressing to show it on a public forum. FYI, I'm a heavy coffee drinker, and I have about 3 intense coffees daily. Unfortunately, the rubber that surrounds the bracket also becomes coffee-coloured and it just looks disgusting. I'm glad I don't have to deal with that anymore! 

Today I am wearing Dior Addict Ultra-Gloss Reflect called Nylon Pink (377) on my lips. It comes in the old packaging, but the colour is glittery and yummy!
Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect in Nylon Pink (377)


3 comments:

mandy said...

Congrats! I remember I was very excited and scared when it was time for my braces to come off. I ended up having to wear my braces for 4-5 years =X

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

YAY! Tracy, you look SO confident without it. You look adorable w/the braces on too!! hehe I had braces when I was a teenager and I remember how annoying it can be, and painfully (both physically and mentally) it can be. :) You look so good!! :) Def smile more :) Ooh and you're an intense coffee drinker! :p My teeth get discolored from coffee and teas too :( I went to the dentist today and they were scolding me! :p

Tracy said...

mandy: wow! that's a really long time! I think by 4-5 years of having braces, I would be dying to see my teeth again. Glad my period was only over 1 year.

Rainy Days and Lattes: Just as I'm writing this, I'm having my 2nd coffee. I need to go on a coffee detox soon because my teeth will definitely be completely corroded by the age of 40!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...