January 9, 2011

Repeating Project 10 Pan

First of all, I want to really thank the readers who made a comment in my last post. I have been rethinking about what makeup means to me over the past week and I've believe I need to make some changes in my habits. I.e. less makeup shopping. I'm going to try to stay true to my NY resolution of not buying makeup in 2011. Instead, while I continue to use up my stash, I will review products as I go along and they will be a combination of permanent and limited edition products. 

In other words, I miss blogging already and I can't see how I can totally ignore what I love to do most during my weekends! 

I'm really happy to be doing Project 10 Pan. This is a means to get me started on 'finishing products' rather than letting it accumulate over time. 

I came up with 10 different makeup items that I hope to finish... 



Surprisingly, I am really big on primers. I am close to finishing my 2 primers; IPSA Pure Control Makeup Base in Pink and RMK Creamy Make Up Base Mat. And I'm on a new tube of the YSL Top Secrets Flash Radiance Skincare Brush, which I bought together with the YSL Faux Cils and YSL Touche Eclat in 2009. I will probably finish the first 2 tubes this week, and the 3rd tube in 4 weeks.


When it comes to foundation, I have stayed true and loyal to the Laura Mercier's Tinted Moisturiser. It spreads easily and feels very lightweight on the skin. I'm almost done with this tube, and it has lasted 6 months of regular use. My bottle of Guerlain Lingerie de Peau foundation is relatively new so this will last me for 5-6 months.

Hitting pan on my IPSA Pure Control Pressed Powder was quite exciting. I have been a big fan of IPSA base makeup for the longest time. I love their base makeup range, and their skincare is lovely too. Give me 4 weeks of continuous use and I will pan out on this pressed powder.


 My lipstick drawer is an absolute disgrace. I have just too many lipsticks for the life of me. I need to finish a few of them before they go off. So here we go... Chanel Glossimer in Mica, Chanel Rouge Coco in Chintz and Dior Serum de Rouge.           


Benefit Samba-dy Loves Me is a gorgeous champagne cream eyeshadow that reminds me of the latest MAC paintpot in Vintage Selection. Benefit creaseless cream shadow/liner are definitely HG status. They have a slight caramel scent and is a dream to apply. This pot of 4.5 grams will take me a while to finish considering how I love to rotate eyeshadow looks. But I will see how this goes and I will try to use up more of this cream shadow before it completely dries out.

Paul & Joe Eye Color Primer 02 is great for evening out any discolorations or small veins on your eyelids. It's not as strong in holding power as compared to the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I hope to finish this in 3 months of every day use. 


Well, that's 11 things. I suppose Fragrances are not considered makeup. But I'm including this on Project 10 Pan since it's also close to finishing. I really love the Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Eau de Parfum and I know that I'm going to miss it when it's completely done. 


So is anyone joining me on Project 10 Pan? If so, leave me a comment so I can follow you on your progress!


4 comments:

adsy1234567 said...

Hi Tracy,

I just read your new years resolutions post and I feel exactly the same. I don't really know what happened, but over the past few weeks, I've just been feeling really bad for spending so much money and time on makeup. I'm at uni now and sometimes it gets quite stressful and watching makeup videos or reading blogs just calms me I suppose, and buying makeup just really cheers me up. but now I feel that I shouldn't use makeup to help with stress and hide away from my problems, that's just not the way to deal with life. So, I want to join you on project ten pan!! I failed a few times before, and I think it would help me stick with project ten pan and complete it!!I'll put up a blog post soon, and pick out ten items. my items would take longer to finish, since they all look like they're brand new, but I seriously want to do this now! hope work is going well for you, sorry this comment is like super long!! And good luck for project ten pan!!

Alice

archi said...

hi tracy,
i am also trying to do a project pan, but it doesn't seem to finish up, unluckily.anyways, i wanted to advice to something, very friendly, really, the shoots you share on blog really makes a difference, so i advice you not to take photos when the sun is behind the object, this makes it impossible for us to see the colors properly.Stay with beauty,
archi
(a new blogger)
--- www.sofreshnews.blogspot.com

Tracy said...

@archi: Thank you for your advice! I appreciate that you spent the time to give me honest feedback. Yep, I hope my photography skills have improved since then. :-) Welcome to beauty blogging!

archi said...

thanks for reply stacy:) loves from Turkey :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...