January 10, 2011

Pureology Hydrate Conditioner maybe worth the hefty £18.50


This is my first time trying Pureology products. Unfortunately, they're not available in Asia from what I know and can only be purchased from salons in the UK and USA. Last month I took advantage of the HQhair 30% discount and I decided to try the Pureology Hydrate Conditioner. For £18.50 it seems quite a hefty amount to spend on a 250mL conditioner. And I know friends who use drugstore shampoo and conditioners with hair that is soft to the touch and free of split ends. Life is unfair. So it seems quite ridiculous to be buying such an expensive conditioner. But, having over-processed hair and really crunchy ends is quite distressing. 

I'm using a new haircare regimen to hydrate my curls and protect my ends. Part of this haircare regimen is this amazing conditioner. I don't use it everyday because it's precious for every gram I squeeze out. Literally. If I ever run out of this thing, my hair will sorely miss it. 


Let me first begin by what this line is all about... After some research I found that this brand is a hairdressers favorite. It claims that their products are 'antifade', meaning that it is sulphate-free and helps to lock in coloured hair. Based on experts, sulphates strip the colour from the hair, making your hair look even drier and dulled over time. Well, that's interesting. And it's incredibly concentrated too. So, there's no water added to the ingredients of this conditioner. The smallest amount of product is all you need to fully get your mileage from this bottle. 


But the reason why  I love this conditioner is simply because it really makes my scalp tingle. It has minty scent, which I suppose some people may or may not like. I'm addicted to the smell. AND, I'm addicted to the feeling it gives me. I have not encountered any conditioner which can be applied directly to the scalp. It's almost like a tea-tree shampoo but better! I feel like I'm properly giving my oily scalp a good scrub with plenty of toothpaste, even though its a conditioner. The feeling is truly SENSATIONAL!



In terms of hair texture, it's nice. It leaves my my hair feeling soft but not slicked with silicones which is often the case with the Shiseido Tsubaki Conditioner (for damaged hair). However, Redken All Soft Conditioner still ranks very highly in terms of getting your hair super soft as compared to the Pureology Hydrate Conditioner. All in all, I really like this product, and I know I will be more than happy to repurchase if I ever ran out of conditioner. :)

1 comment:

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

I was reading one of your posts about taking care of your scalp and I was intrigued by it b/c I also have the same problem. I haven't "treated" it b/c I had no idea there is a solution to fix it except to shampoo every other day. Now I am really interested in this conditioner... b/c you can apply the conditioner directly to the scalp!! Wow, that's a first for me too! I might go out and buy it tommorrow. I hope you enjoy it.. it is a pretty steep price, but the bottle seems really big :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...