October 8, 2010

Guerlain Meteorites Illuminating Perfecting Pressed Powder Rose Frais







Guerlain Meteorites is a product that stands the test of time. It was a cult favorite 10 years ago, and continues to be a favorite with beauty addicts. The packaging and product has gone through a series of variations over the years and now comes in a metal container (as opposed to the traditional cardboard ones as shown above). The traditional meteorites (to the top left) only had a few classic colors in green, blue, pink and white balls that serves different purposes to illuminate or fuzz out any imperfections. Nowadays, Guerlain has started to put a bit more shimmer or more of a pearly white effect to some of their limited edition releases. But essentially, their permanent line offers three varieties; regular illuminance, rosy illuminance and a beige illuminance. 


I picked up Guerlain Meteorites Illuminating Perfecting Pressed Powder in 02 Rose Frais. Instead of a ball presentation, it is pressed into a pan. There is no difference to the effect it gives to the skin compared to the ball version. The advantage to this packaging is obviously the convenience of travel. 


The casing is stunning, with the flower imprint on the top. The lid screws and closes with a click. 


The 02 version gives your complexion a more pink illuminance, as you can tell with the variation of pearl white, beige and pink powder.


It's not much of a highlighter but rather an all over face powder that can be used after your pressed powder. When swirled together, you get a pearlescent pigment that can be used as a setting powder after your liquid foundation.


The traditional meteorite balls weighs 33g, compared to the pressed version that weighs only 10g. However, this pan will last me a lifetime and 33g is probably not required or necessary!


Although it might be challenging to pick up the pink pigment to be used as a blush, you can already see that the pink is meant to give a smidgen of 'color' to what would otherwise give your complexion a 'white cast'. 

The texture of the powder is not as 'butter soft' as powder foundations, instead it has a hard formula just like baked powders. It's not difficult to pick up the powder using a fluffy brush. 


I usually use a fluffy brush (any kind), swirl it around the pan and apply it to my face just like any other loose powder. 



I love the effect it gives. Not only does it illuminate your skin from within, it also fuzzes out any imperfections (blemishes, uneven skin tone, redness). It's not a traditional highlighter and not a traditional pressed powder. It's kinda hard to describe, almost. But whatever it is, I wouldn't call this a gimmicky product and has properties that makes your face GLOW! 


2 comments:

Cherry said...

Oh, the little balls are so cute. I heard that Gurlain is coming out with another color this fall. I am excited!^0^

Vonvon said...

I have my dear old traditional one which I use to set my liquid foundation and all-over face powder. On my lazy days, I would just swipe this on my face after skincare and sunblock and I am good to go.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...