October 23, 2010

The Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Foundation

This foundation review was requested by a reader named Tracy :)
I hope you find this useful.

Guerlain's Lingerie De Peau foundation (or otherwise known as the Invisible Skin Fusion Foundation) is the latest high-end foundation hype, having received positive reviews by plenty of beauty bloggers. So today I'm going to share my likes and dislikes of this foundation.


First up, this bottle is extraordinarily heavy. The weight of the bottle makes the product feel luxurious. It's probably not so practical for the frequent traveler.


 
The cap secures the pump nicely to avoid any spillage.


I was matched to the color Beige Clair 02 at the counter. Surprisingly, the color looked alot darker when swatched on my hand but seems to blend in well with my face. I'm not 100% sure if this is the right shade for me and I will need to test it out a few more times to notice a difference. Color selection is somewhat limited, and I find that Guerlain foundations have a little bit more of a pink undertone.  

So lets begin... 

Fresh faced, after moisturizer
 I'm using an IPSA primer with a pink base for radiance. I received this as a GWP with the rewards scheme at Tangs.


After primer
 The Guerlain foundation has a fluid consistency that spreads easily like water. There is no cream or lotion-like feel and dries very quickly into a satiny finish. It truly feels like there is no product sitting on the surface of my skin and feels smooth to the touch. It's almost like bare skin. But there tends to be a bit of settling with the product, so shaking the bottle prior to use is probably recommended. 


Although not obvious, you can see that the color is not a perfect match for me.
 

One pump is more than enough to apply the whole face, and I used a MAC stippling brush to blend the foundation out. 


As you can see, it has completely evened out my complexion, removing any signs of sallow and red undertones that was previously there. It seems to give me a nice glow without looking too dewy. 


I was never lucky enough to have perfect skin and my old acne scars makes my face have enlarged pores up close. I noticed that the formulation dries very quickly and leaves patches of foundation on areas where the brush has difficulty reaching (i.e. my nose). I never get this issue with tinted moisturizers considering how light they are. And, any corrective blending after drying seems to be somewhat difficult. So splotchy face it is. 


Overall, it doesn't look cakey or steaky like alot of other foundations. I believe the application may be alot easier with the fingers... 


As a summary, Guerlain Lingerie De Peau Foundation is a lovely. I wouldn't say it's the best foundation I found, but it's much better than alot of foundations I have tried previously. It's excellent in terms of texture and finish, but the blendability and color selection is somewhat average. Packaging is exquisite, however something lighter in weight will suit me better. 



All the base makeup used to create today's look.  


I hope you found this review useful. :)

3 comments:

Penelope said...

I have this foundation in the same colour too. Thanks for the review, i really liked the foundation

Tracy said...

Oh strange...I thought I left a message. Just wanted to thank you for the review - it was very helpful, though I had wished to hear that you loved it :) I have decided to order the Parura Aqua to see if that would be better (I'll let you know if it's good, if you want :))
Tracy from U.S.A.

Mei said...

Hi, i also a NC 25 lady. I wonder which shade of Guerlain Lingerie de Peau foundation that you bought? By the way your blog is very interesting :) keep up the good work. Have a great day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...