October 22, 2010

Collective Chanel, Guerlain, Lancome Haul


Last month, I completely bypassed the whole MAC Venomous Villains fad. I feel that MAC has released too many collections and with the consecutive 'sold out' stickers on the first day alone just plain annoys me. So I'm boycotting MAC for now. It's probably a good decision because I end up buying Chanel & Guerlain instead! But I really love what I got, and I'm pretty sure that I will use these products to its entirety. Call me a snob, but I find that Chanel & Guerlain is universally flattering on ANYONE. 

So let me show you what I purchased the last month...

From left to right: Guerlain Lingerie de Peau, Lancome Cils Booser, Chanel Stylo Yeux in Cassis and Black Shimmer, Guerlain Blush 4 Eclats in Soleil Couchant 02, Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder in 25 Peche Clair


I really wanted to try the highly raved Guerlain Lingerie de Peau Foundation that was released in Singapore a few weeks back. The texture of the foundation is amazingly silky. 


For your information, I am an MAC NC25. A kind reader has asked me to do a review on Guerlain foundations and I will posting something up soon. :)


The Chanel Natural Finish Loose Powder was a bit of a random purchase, but I was impressed with the finely milled, silky texture that I just couldn't resist! I will probably use this alot more when I relocate to my new country. BTW, more news on that front. Haha! It doesn't help that I'm moving countries and buying new makeup. *thuds head* I'm a hopeless makeup junkie. 


Reading the Beauty Look Book, I was so tempted to get these 2 Chanel Stylo Yeux eyeliners. They stay on the lid for hours on end, and that is exactly what I need for long work days. I've already started using Black Shimmer, which is a gorgeous black with subtle shimmer that is not obvious on the lashline. Cassis is a dark plum color, which will replace my brown eyeliners. 



Lancome makeup has been a total miss for me for the last few years. The only items I really enjoyed using were the Hypnose mascara. However, I'm curious to try the Lancome Cils Booster mascara base and how it compares to my experiences with the Shiseido Mascara Base (which is my holy grail at the moment). More reviews to come. 



I've been wanting this Guerlain Blush 4 Eclats in #2 for the longest time, after having great experiences with my other Guerlain light pink blush in #4. The quality of the powder is mind blowing, and it blends in so beautifully on the skin. You don't end up having patchy cheeks, which I often the case with highly pigmented MAC blushes. The last thing I need when traveling is blending my cheeks for a full minute when time is the essence. 


Finally, my dear mum bought me some Beauty Diary Masks from her trip to Taiwan. I believe each box is priced SGD18.90 at Guardian pharmacies, but in Taiwan they are only at NT100 or so (SGD5 each box). 

Japanese Blossum Mask
Apple Polyphenol Mask

Black Pearl Mask


So look forward to more reviews on these products coming up soon. Sorry for the scanty number of posts this month. I've just started my hectic travel schedule with Beijing and Johor Bahru last week, and  continuing onto Kota Kinabalu (Malaysia) today. Fun.

Hope you're all having a great week!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

when I saw this post come up on my feed I was like "hell yeah, haul time!" haha. Great haul but I'm happy to read that you'd put your money towards Good brands than fads at Mac. I'm getting tired of the whole sold out fiascoes too. I just got my first Dior quint "Ready to glow" and I'm soo excited about it! :)

Mei said...

Hi..i just bought the Guerlain Lingerie de Peau foundation yesterday and the sale lady matched me with the 03 Beige Natural and i am also a NC 25 lady. The Beige natural is kind of dark for me..it looks darker than my neck.. i wonder which shade you got for your Guerlain Lingerie de Peau foundation. thanks!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...