September 18, 2010

A Satisfied Project 10 Pan Feeling

Hi everyone! Sorry for the lack of posts. I seem to be under a dry spell at the moment when it comes to beauty and makeup. Instead, I've been picking up books to read over my quiet weekend. This weekend I'm cozying up to a novel called 'The Story of Edgar Sawtelle' by David Wroblewski. I've only started and so far I'm liking it. 


On to other things, I find makeup a little bit like candy. I love the packaging that it comes in. I love using pretty things. I love how it sits on my dresser and how it slots nicely into candy plastic bags. I'm a little bit obsessive compulsive when it comes to keeping everything in pristine condition and nicely squared orientation. Call me weird, but these are the little things that makes me swoon. 


So I finally finished 10 makeup items. It seems like forever but I shocked many of my colleagues and friends at my blatent usage of my lipsticks and lipglosses. Well, most of these were already at its tail end, so it seems like I'm applying it every 10 minutes but it's really not the case. Finishing lipsticks is no problem for me, but blushes is another story. I have not hit pan on ANY blusher in my life, yet alone finish one. 


I will normally consider one item done when it's...

1. I can't apply the product by the tube/bottle (lipsticks)
2. mascaras that are more than 6 months old
3. it takes forever to get just that bit of product on the brush (powders)
4. I can't sharpen the pencil anymore


And there are definite loves in this stash this time. Products I love I will normally finish really fast. 

All items I have loved using really found it a joy to finish too!
  1. Nars Sheer Glow Foundation - absolute love and I have bought a back up of this already!
  2. YSL Faux Cils Waterproof Mascara - Love the smokey effect the mascara gives to my lashes.
  3. Shiseido Mascara Base - absolute must have if you have curtain eyelashes like mine!
  4. MAC Nymphette lipgloss - it's a gorgeous warm shade with shimmer. 
  5. MAC Way to Love Lipstick - gorgeous nude lipstick but unfortunately a LE from the Rose Romance Collection.
  6. Dior Addict Ultra High Shine Lipstick in Beige Parisian Chic 330 - Lovely rose color with green microglitter. Again, I think this is a LE. 
  7. Dior Addict Ultra Gloss Reflect in Clutch Pink 517 - I couldn't believe I finished a tube of this so quickly! It doesn't have alot of staying power but it really helps to moisturise the lips. 
  8. Korres Face Primer - I really love this primer. It has a nice citrus scent and doesn't clog the pores.
  9. Urban Decay 24/7 Bourbon Eyeliner Pencil - I think this is only average because it does give me a bit of a panda-eye look at the end of the day. 
  10. Paul & Joe Pressed Powder N in 02 - Love this stuff. It has a beautiful sparkle that makes your skin glow. 

I'm a happy camper to have finished 10 things! It's no easy feat, especially when I'm swimming in makeup. Now that my storage space is saying 'thank you!', I can fit my new Paul & Joe and RMK purchases in my empty spaces. 

I confess that I didn't follow the rules of project 10 pan strictly. It gets harder on the 2nd month, especially when everyone is talking about the latest Lunasol craze (I'm still holding strong on this one). But I definitely think Project 10 Pan is really worthwhile doing. You appreciate and love the things you have in your stash and when you finish an item, you're doing your wallet and environment a huge favour. I still have alot of foundation, blush, lipsticks etc that can last me another 3 yrs but slowly and surely I will appreciate all of these things without getting pulled into the whole latest LE hype.

To those hoping to do this, good luck!

5 comments:

miss wiggle said...

Good job Tracy! :D

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Yay! :) I love the feeling of finishing stuff too!

Makeup Magpie said...

That is so great! :) I plan to do the same(except for buying a few pieces from MAC Venomous Villains collection when it comes out!) I know it will be so tempting when the holidays arrive and all of the great gift sets come out :)

Tracy said...

@miss wiggle: thanks for the encouragement! :D

@Rainy Days and Lattes: If only we can finish items more often than buying new makeup!

@Makeup Magpie: I find MAC so evil releasing so many collections at once. If YouTube and the Beauty Bloggers Sphere didn't have so many reviews on MAC, I'm sure we wouldn't be broke by now. Still a bit speculative on the dark colors from the Venomous Villans Collection, but we'll see! Looking forward to christmas though!

adsy1234567 said...

Hi Tracy, just discovered your blog, love it! I've started a project ten pan too, it's so difficult... how long did it take you to finish these items?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...