September 20, 2010

Make Up Forever HD Blush #7 One Too Many

I have been following Jacqueline from My Beauty Hoard, a local Singaporean blogger who has similar makeup tastes as me. Please do check out her blog. She posted about the Make Up Forever HD Blush, which caused some serious lemmings in me. I have never used Make Up Forever before, and was never really that interested in the brand. I was a skeptic, maybe because there were plenty of mixed reviews about the products. Well, that's changed now.

I picked up the Make Up Forever HD Blush in #7, also called as 'One Too Many'. I would describe this as a rosey peach shade. It doesn't have alot of pink if you blend it out, but it's definitely a color that will suit warmer skin tones.



After hearing all the horror stories on the most non-user friendly dispenser pump, it took me forever to get the initial product out. Now, I just simply need to tap the top to dispense a small amount each time. And mind you, the blush is pigmented that only a small amount is needed. It's quite a hefty amount at 10mL, and priced at SGD55 at Sephora outlets. My cream blushes only contain 3.2-4.5g.


What I do is I tap a little bit on each time and build it up depending on how much color I want on my cheeks.


I'm surprised at how easily it blends. It only takes about a few seconds to blend out the color on the cheeks. It doesn't dry as long as other cream blushes (i..e Bobbi Brown Pot Rouges and NARS multiple tints in particular), it doesn't streak, and well... I think the application is tops in my books. I have a funny feeling that I will be getting more in time to come.



As a side note, I am wearing Dior Serum de Rouge in 640, which is a nudey rose and the lightest pinkiest color of the range.



My finished look, using the Paul & Joe Face and Eye Color 069 again.


Base makeup used:
Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser Nude
RMK Creamy Makeup Base Mat Primer 02
Diorskin Nude Concealer
IPSA Pure Control Pressed Powder


Point (Color) Makeup Used:
Paul & Joe Face and Eye Color 069
Dior Serum de Rouge 640
Paul & Joe Eye Color Primer
Make Up Forever HD Blush #7 One Too Many
MAC Fluidline Blitz & Glitz
MAC Zoomlash Mascara


I'm off to Sephora again tonight to see the other HD blushes I can pick up. :)

4 comments:

Lilladylife said...

i love the texture of those dio lippies!

Jacqueline said...

Sweetie thanks for linking me up :). The HD blush looks very natural on you. You know if you are picking up more, you should buy from Amazon. It is alot lot cheaper, that is if you buy more, economies of scale. It cost about SGD$35 if you convert to SGD.

I love luxury lipsticks, Dior being one of the best too. Lovely color on you.

Cherry said...

I have always been wondering how RMK base makeup works, how do you like the primer? Have you tried their foundation before? Thx girl, you look flawless in this look!^0^

Tracy said...

@Lilladylife: If Dior had more colors to these lippies, i probably will be broke!

@Jacqueline: Yes, I should probably check out Amazon. I find that with the Sephora deal (Spend $240 to get a $40 voucher) still worthwhile. Well, it still ends up being more expensive...

@Cherry: Thanks girl :) I wrote a short review of the primer on my blog. I find the primer only average but I know plenty of girls who swear by it! http://tracysbeautyblogsphere.blogspot.com/2010/08/rmk-creamy-makeup-base-mat-and-chanel.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...