August 24, 2010

Products Worthy of a Backup

I hardly buy backups. I usually get bored or sick of a certain shade of lipstick or blush by the end of the product life. So for me to buy a backup, it's definitely a holy grail for me. 

I've broken down my Back-up Worthy Products into hair, skin and makeup. 

Hair
After coloring my hair numerous times, I was a hunt for  shampoo & conditioner to maintain my locks. I eventually forked out a whopping SGD 30 for a bottle of the Fekkai Technician Color Care Conditioner, which I sampled initially and loved! I love how soft my hair becomes after using this product daily. Before this I was using the Tsubaki Conditioner which unfortunately made my hair weighed down. The Phyto Phytojoba Hair Masque is a must-have for anyone with super dry hair. This stuff is legendary. I will be doing a review of this product separately.

Makeup
I love the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation that I bought a backup of this in the same shade (Ceylan). I have not used a light-weight foundation that is as versatile and comfortable on my skin as the NARS Sheer Glow Foundation. 

It's rare for me to ever want to buy a backup of a makeup product simply cos I get bored of a certain shade very quickly. But I do consider the MAC MSF in Stereo Rose and Chanel Bronze Universal staples on days where you need some quick emergency fixes. MAC Stereo Rose is simply gorgeous on the skin and I regret not getting a backup of this. And Chanel Bronze Universal is great for contouring and gives your complexion more colour. I will be doing a more detailed review of this product, comparing it to other bronzers.

Skincare
I'm more brand-loyal when it comes to skincare. I don't enjoy the process of hunting for expensive skincare especially when I've found the product that serves my needs. Its such a waste of money to buy skincare that doesn't work, and ends up being shoved at the back of your drawer. I have remained loyal to products like the IPSA Smooth Cleansing Foam, Lancome Bifacils Eye Makeup Remover, SKII Facial Treatment Essence, and the Shu Uemura High Performance Skin Purifier for years now. Unfortunately, I had to experiment with too many mediocre/sub-standard products to arrive to this limited list. I have recently added the Lancome Genifique Eye Cream to my HG list as I really love the packaging and the formulation of the cream.

What are your products that are worthy of a backup? Do share! 

2 comments:

Maria said...

Tracy, hi!
i was going to buy the Ipsa cleanser after reading your reviews about it, but i can't find it anywhere, even in the site of IPSA. do you know something about it? maybe it's dicounted now or just has changed the name?

Tracy said...

Hi Maria!
IPSA has changed their product name to 'Cleansing Fresh Foam'.
Bobodave has it here:
http://www.bobodave.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4781

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...