August 7, 2010

Makeup Looks for Office Ladies: Guerlain Blush 4 Eclats Rosee Du Printemps 04

I'm into a blush kick lately. In the mornings when I need to be quick and fuss-free, I will use blush as my main colour on my 'maquillage'. Lately, I've been working very long hours and being held up in meetings all week. Since I have to meet a number of clients and senior managers, I usually go for a neutral and minimalistic look. Minimalistic meaning a clean face, a soft blush, taupey eyeshadows, and a rosey lip colour. I realised that as I get older, I use less adventurous makeup looks. Nevertheless, I love makeup more than ever! Here are the makeup items that I'm sporting more often the past week. 

I've been using my Guerlain Blush 4 Eclats Rosee Du Printemps 04 religiously for a whole week. I first got started into Guerlain when they started to introduce a few promotions in their line. And naturally, I had a look at the blush range, albeit limited but gorgeous. 

In each pan, you get 4 different colours. Although it's hard to pick up an individual colour on the brush, you can concentrate the pigmentation by using the more pigmented colours from the bottom row. 

Yes, lets think Microsoft Excel here... Combining formulas etc etc. 

The blush is incredibly soft. Think butter, creamy powder, powder foundation...  The texture and quality of these blushes are beyond any blush I have ever used. It certainly beats MAC, Dior, Bobbi Brown, etc. 

And considering how soft it is, the colours are subtle too. Unlike Nars blushes, you don't have to worry about packing on too much colour because the Guerlain blush range is usually soft and sheer. 

Without flash (natural sunlight)
When used together, the combination of pinks elicits a soft illuminating glow. This blush is definitely more suitable for fairer ladies.

With flash

Other updates; this Monday is Singapore's National Day, which means that I have a 3-day weekend. This is a much needed weekend, after the craziness at work. Everything has been put on a standstill lately, including my blog. Although I don't have much time to write blog posts, I come home to a happy little makeup counter full of little bibs and bobs. I admit that I might have a problem when it comes to makeup, because I know about collection release dates, the product names, the textures, the reviews. It might seem a little excessive but hey, it's my hobby!

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! :)


3 comments:

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

I can totally relate to you when it comes to makeup choice :) The best office makeup is always minimalistic and clean, which brings us to look polished and classy :) Blush is certainly one of the most important factors :)

I think you have an amazing makeup collection! :) Makeup is a good hobby... you could be collecting kites or something :p

Tracy said...

haha! I think if I collected Kites, I will be much richer than I am now. :)

Red lips, Black hair said...

Lovely stash!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...