August 23, 2010

MAC Club Eyeshadow - a perfect smokey companion

I rediscovered MAC Club eyeshadow over the weekend. I don't know why I don't use this eyeshadow enough despite its excellent ratings. I suppose I hardly do smokey eyes on most days and stick mostly to neutrals. I'm in an eyeshadow rut - I've been using the same combination of browns, champagne and taupe colors everyday for work. So it was refreshing for me to finally mix it up on the weekend.

And I know you've seen and heard about this MAC Club Eyeshadow before... here it is again. 

Club eyeshadow has duo (almost triple) chrome shade - green, brown and red. I love how it changes colour depending on where the sunlight hits. The green looks more intense on the lid area, and as the color progresses upwards on the lid, the reddish brown color appears. It looks muddy at first but this is just the first step!

Next I use Laneige opalescent white colour on the inner corners of my eyes extending out to the middle (sorry, I forgot the name - eeks!)

 

I then used a basic matte black with MAC Carbon eyeshadow extending the lash line.

And likewise on the bottom lash line. I used a bit of MAC Shroom eyeshadow to blend out the harsh lines and to the brow bone. 

I applied Ardell 110 eyelashes


I haven't worn fake lashes in a VERY long time and it's obvious that I need more practice!  




Base
Korres Face Primer
Chanel Teint Innocence Compact

Color
MAC Club Eyeshadow
A white Laneige Eyeshadow
MAC Carbon Eyeshadow
MAC Shroom Eyeshadow
Bobbi Brown Pink Beige Lip Color 62
Chanel Mica Glossimer
Shu Uemura Brow Gel
MAC Warm Soul Mineralize Blush

Others
Ardell 110 Lashes

I hope you have a great week ahead. Mine is starting very slowly.

1 comment:

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

You look lovely with the casual smokey eye :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...