August 10, 2010

Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in Pink Explosion

Chanel + limited edition blush + pink = a must-have!

The rate at which Chanel comes out with new limited edition blushes is probably a small fraction to MAC. This collection celebrates their first release of the Joues Contraste Blushes, which has got me swooning from head to toe. I had to limit myself to ONE blush. I could have gotten more, but I restrained myself. *Good job Tracy!*

If you're Asian with fair skin, there is only one blush you must get from this collection, and it would be the Chanel Joues Contraste Blush in Pink Explosion.

It's hard to capture swatches of blushes accurately on camera. Who wants to have clownish cheeks anyway? So I did a quick FOTD using Pink Explosion on the cheeks. Quick meaning 2 minutes makeup in the morning!

There's something you need to know about Chanel Joues Contraste Blushes. They sometimes don't look exactly on pan and on the cheeks. It looks like any ordinary pink blush but it somehow fuses with your skin colour. It's hard to describe, but I would presume that this blush will look different from one person to another. Well, there's always going to be pink but the shade of pink will vary slightly based on your skin colour.

The blush I got is made in France, which comes in the typical baked version. I have never tried the US version, so I wouldn't know the difference. It is soft in texture (but not as soft as Guerlain blushes). One wiggle of the brush easily picks up the blush. If you're scared of pigmented cheeks, you might even want to do a soft gentle tap on the blush. It probably scores one notch lower in pigmentation and intensity than NARS blushes. I was quite surprised at how pigmented it is!

I would describe Pink Explosion as more of a cool-toned pink. It definitely looks more obvious on my skin as compared to warmer based pinks. By playing up my cheeks today, I took the rest of my face, eyes and lips to a barely-there look.

I was trying to capture the gorgeousness on camera but it was gloomy and dark outside, so here's the best shots so far... I will definitely try to do some more FOTDs when it's sunnier.



It's a yay for me! Are you going to get it too?

3 comments:

Lilladylife said...

oh the blush looks super pretty on you!!! the french version seems beautiful

Tracy said...

Thanks! It's definitely a winner from this collection.

Jess said...

This is such a pretty bright pink blush! <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...