June 16, 2010

Korres Wild Rose Foundation Review and Other Ramblings

Sadly my NARS Sheer Glow Foundation made a big mess in my makeup bag when traveling to India and Jakarta last week. I was only left with just a little bit of product left. I was really enjoying the foundation so it's sad to see alot of it go to waste. I would highly recommend you get the pump if you are intending of travelling because the cap of the NARS Sheer Glow is horrendous. 
Since you already know that I'm a makeup junkie, I have a backup of the Korres Wild-Rose Foundation, after plenty of good reviews online. The Korres Face Primer is fantastic so I would think the foundation is equally good too. 

Thankfully the cap is tighter and not as clumsy. It comes in a glass container, which is not as portable for travel, so I'll probably reserve it for home use. It has a shakey bead inside the container to mix the product evenly. 

It has a runny texture just like the NARS Sheer Glow and dries to a non-sparkly finish. I would say this is a medium coverage foundation, cos I didn't need to put any concealer at all this morning. 

As you can see it doesn't have too much of a cakey look, even the sides of my nose is void of any foundation build up. I like that it doesn't settle into my pores either, and this is largely attributed to the effects of the Shu Uemura UV Underbase, which helps to make your pores look smaller. A review of this will be coming up shortly...


I'm sorry for the lack of posts lately - I've been traveling constantly for the past few weeks. Even when I'm back in Singapore, I'm working long hours to catch up with my paperwork. It's an absolute torture! But I did get a small break and went back to Jakarta to attend my best friend's wedding. 

The wedding was conducted in a traditional Javanese style, with ladies wearing Kebayas (a Javanese costume with a tight corset as seen below!). The bride wears a beautiful tiara which weighs 5kg! And attached you have a long string of fragrant flowers that act as a natural perfume. She's naturally gorgeous as it is, and pulls off strong colours very tastefully.

I curled my hair by the way... which only set me back Rp 50,000 which is equivalent to SGD9. Awesome huh? Gotta love Indo hairdressers! They're so cheap and make you feel and look beautiful! 

Here's Emily - my best friend's dog. She's a Pomeranian, but they shaved her fur off... in fact, she didn't even know she had a tail before that, and she kept on chasing her tail for 15 minutes with her new found discovery! Isn't she cute? This is her cute puppy dog eyes when she wants food from you. 

Anyway, I hope you're having a good week. I will be traveling again next week (*sigh*) so I won't be posting as much. I promise to post more when my crazy schedule dies down a little next month. 

4 comments:

maki said...

i love weddings! you're hair is beautiful & only for 9 sgd?!

miss wiggle said...

Heh, I think I prefer the Pomeranian without it's fur! Now it looks very distinctive, like a fox lol~

amychau said...

what shade did you get?

Tracy said...

I'm sorry, Amy. But I no longer keep this bottle so I have no reference to what shade I used. I am usually about the 2nd lightest shade of most foundation shades.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...