May 26, 2010

Yellow eyeshadows are my new favourite!

So I finally got to sit down and depot all my Shu Uemura eyeshadows into my existing MAC palette. All the MAC eyeshadows have now been transferred to my old individual pots for the time being until they find a new home. So altogether, I can fit 19 Shu Uemura and Laneige eyeshadows and 2 blushes. I'm happy I found a cheaper alternative for my Shu Uemera eyeshadow pans. And I find that it's much easier to do my eye makeup in the morning now without having to hunt, tear my hair out and think too hard. 

I noticed that I haven't really used much of my yellow shadow (ME 300) to the left. It looks scary on the pan as well. 

It's actually the most beautiful yellow shade in the market. MAC and MUFE can't compare! This is truly a rare gem. You can use it to pair up with brighter blues and greens if you dare, or keep it fairly neutral with a pop of colour. Since I'm an office lady from Monday to Friday, I'm going to use my neutral shades numbered 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 below.

1. The white pearlescent shade (1) in the inner corner

2. Champagne (2) color next on the middle of lid

3. Pearl taupe brown (3) to the outer corner. Gorgeous shade...

4. Using the metallic brown (4), I lined the outer corner of my lid


5. Adding the bright yellow color to the inner corner of the eye towards the lashline


See how subtle it is? It almost looks gold with the browns. LOVE!


One coat of mascara




Paired with a nude pink lip by MAC Way to Love lipstick (LE)





I've been dying at the office lately. So I had to pull my hair back with a hairband, while I slog away at my laptop. 

In fact, I was so stressed out that I bought myself a Maybelline Watershine lipstick in B24 (no mention of the colour name). With 20% off at Watsons, this lipstick is very affordable at SGD 10. I hear that the watershine range is Asia Exclusive. 

Looks great in the tube.


Swatches glossy with a warm pink undertone. Kinda like my MAC way to love, which i'm still trying to find dupes to replace the colour cos I love it so much!

But, I was so disappointed when I applied this on my lips. It has no moisturizing factor in it at all, it completely looks like water with fragments of pigment separating from the product. It looked so bad, I couldn't take a picture of my lips. I mean, my lips already looks chapped but this makes me look like a living makeup nightmare! 

So I learnt my lesson! No more lipstick bargain shopping unless I'm positively sure of the swatches on the lips! In fact, I went shopping today to help me feel better and got the Chanel Rouge Coco. 

I hope you're having a good week :) Friday is a public holiday so it means I get to be a total bum for 3 days. Yay! 

3 comments:

Tiptoe21 said...

I should really try out yellow eyeshadows; I've been too scared! It really looks flattering on you though.

Enjoy your holiday on Friday!

Jess said...

This is such a lovely look, Tracy! You probably know how much I love olive shades, huh? Would definitely do this look on myself, if I had a yellow e/s, hehe...

Great job on the step-by-step pics!

Yay, I'm so happy to hear you got the last Bikini Peach available, hehe... hope you enjoy it as much as I do! :)

Vonvon said...

Yellow eyeshadows are one of my favorites! Still looking for the ultimate yellow yellow eyeshadow. My current favorite yellow is MAC Bright Future. And I paired it with purple, blue, turquoise (like you suggested).

Now that you recommended ME300, will check it out the next time I visit the Shu Uemura outlet! Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...