May 15, 2010

Shu Uemura EOTD and my dilemma with empty palettes

I'm getting bored with my neutral/minimalistic look everyday, so I decided to use a few of my Shu Uemura blue eyeshadows which hardly ever gets touched. 

In general, I love how pigmented and soft Shu Uemura eyeshadows are compared to my MAC eyeshadows. It's a pity their variety gets a little dull, and some of their limited edition eyeshadows aren't as good as their permanent range. But anyhoo, Shu eyeshadows are pricey in Singapore. For S$37, you get about 2.1g of product which is definitely more than MAC eyeshadows. but quantity is never really the issue. The packaging is. It's completely non-functional, and after some time they get horribly flimsy. 

For today's look, I'm going to be using 4 of their eyeshadows from their permanent range

First up, P White 900 (Pearl)

a basic white

On the inner corner.

ME Blue 600 (metallic)

Amazing coral reef sea blue colour

On the middle and outer corner

ME Blue 650 (metallic)

A darker blue


Finally, IR White 900 (iridescent)

Looks white on pan but has a gold undertone when swatched

Blended out the harsh lines above the crease... appears as a light green/gold tint

After mascara, eyeliner... the finished look

Used MAC Way to Love Lustre Lipstick on the lips and Shu Uemura P Amber 83 Glow on Blush on the cheeks


All the gear used

I labelled the 2 white eyeshadows so I don't get mixed up. Although one is labelled as tearduct and another as highlight, doesn't really mean I use it like so. I just get confused between the two. 

Now I'm figuring out how to store my depotted eyeshadow pans. I've been googling right left center, and now debating if I should get the unii cosmetic palette. It looks functional and cute but there are 2 issues that's inhibiting me from making the purchase. 1, it's a bit pricey at $29/palette and 2, I hate gaps in between my pans. However, at S$95 for a Shu Uemura Boutique Palette, I can't be too choosey.

I was also looking at the Trish McEvoy palettes as well and I'm not sure if they fit Shu Uemura eyeshadows exactly. But they say that you can fit 8 eyeshadows on each level. It's pretty neat at $25 and cheaper than a unii palette too!
Any suggestions?

5 comments:

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Very pretty blue! I love how it makes you so bright and elegant :) I agree, the eyeshadows seems very expensive. There is an outlet near my place (about 15 mins drive) that sells Shu eyeshadows for less than $10 US dollars. It may be that the colors are discontinued or was a limited edition but the packaging is in very flimsy plastic things. However, they can be depotted and probably more useful.

The uni palette seems pretty awesome. I've seen that they fit NYX eyeshadows pretty well (about 8 of them in the palette), in a diagonal fashion. I haven't seen anything cheaper yet, and they are VERY sturdy! I don't have one myself but like you, I researched it as well :D

miss wiggle said...

The Trish one looks nice! I don't really like the look of the unii palettes - they seem a bit clunky... Actually, doesn't Shu offer less expensive, smaller palettes? Unless you want to keep adding to the palette, that is. :)

Tiptoe21 said...

Wow that blue color is gorgeous! You pull it off so well too.

By the way, I nominated you for a blog award on my latest post. You deserve it ^_^

Shilka said...

TBH I'd go for the original Shu palette ;D But then again, it's a chunk of money...

BeautyOnTheWay said...

Lovely blue color, it's pretty on you! I like this simple EOTD ^_^

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...