May 22, 2010

Project Use-Up and Mini reviews

Now and then, I love to view blogs and videos on project 10-pan, Gloss-out, Use-up... First of all, it inspires me to use things that I currently have. But secondly, to see the true and honest reviews after the product is near its completion. Often we buy things because it's nice off the shelf or is in 'fashion', but the true sentiments reveal after continued use. 

I confess, I am hopeless in Project 10-pan or anything of those lines. I love to shop and I love beauty. I tried Project 10-pan before, but I failed miserably. I salut the girls who can finish 10 products without buying a single thing. 10 products that are all makeup related as well (no skincare). For me, that's like climbing Mount Everest. It's not impossible, but it's torturous. 

Now and then, when i do finish something, I put it into my 'parking bag'. A bag where I keep in my cupboard so that I can go back to once in a while to see what I've recently used up. 

Today, I spill the contents for your viewing pleasure...
Here's a quick snippet of what I think of the products that I've used up. If you want to have a detailed product review, let me know by writing in the comments below. 

Shu Uemura High Performance Cleansing Oil Fresh
Great in removing makeup. I'm still currently using it, with 1 backup. A staple of mine.
Will repurchase

Kiehls Blue Herbal Gel Cleanser
Nice for oily skin ladies, very minty and fresh after your wash but doesn't completely remove all my makeup. I like to use this for the gym as it's in liquid form which I can transfer into a small bottle.
Will not repurchase

IPSA Cleansing Smooth Foam
I love this stuff. I have a review on it here. I have 2 backups. 
Will definitely repurchase

Lancome Bi-Facil Eye Makeup Remover
I've used other makeup removers but this is by far the best. I have 1 backup.
Will repurchase

Laneige Star White Essence
I'm neutral about this product. I don't find it particularly ground-breaking but if you can still get these on a sale, then I suppose it's worth it. 
Will not repurchase

Paul & Joe Moisturising Foundation Primer
Found this primer quite mediocre. Doesn't make your makeup stay on longer. I'm loving other primers now. 
Will not repurchase

Shiseido Pureness Anti-shine Refreshing Lotion
A toner for oily skin ladies. Has a refreshing feeling, which is nice. 
Will repurchase

SKII Whitening Source Dermdefinition
Nice in texture but considering the price and amount of product you get, I don't think it's really worth it. 
Will not repurchase

Lancome Maqnifique EDP
Love the scent. Got it as a fragrance from my BF. But since I never buy the same perfume purchase twice...
Will not repurchase

Shiseido Pureness Mattifying Moisturiser
This product is really blah. Yes, it's lightweight but it doesn't seem to control my oil nor hydrate my skin.
Will not repurchase

Chanel Purete Ideale Serum
Again, nothing exceptional. Feels nice on the skin but doesn't really control my oil production. Had an oily t-zone within a few hours of wear. 
Will not repurchase

Stila Lip Glaze in Pon Pon Gerbera
Nice on my dry lips, quite thick and sticky but I never buy the same lipgloss shade twice. The range of stila lipglazes are decent though. 
Will not repurchase 

Shiseido The Skincare Eye Moisture Recharge
I don't like how it seems to sit on my skin even after 2 hrs of application. I prefer my Lancome Genifique  over this. 
Will not repurchase  

MAC Gently Off Eye and Lip Makeup Remover
This is a dual tone makeup remover. But it's not as effective as my Lancome Bi-Facils. 
Will not repurchase

MAC PlushGlass in Big Baby
This is my first ever lipgloss from MAC is in the plushglass range, which I used to like because I had no comparisons. But after using lustreglasses and lipglasses, I don't quite like these anymore.
Will not repurchase

MAC Bare Slimshine
I was really surprised at how quickly I went through this lippie. Not because I really liked it, but only because there's so minimal product inside. It feels like I need to reapply this quite often during the day because it doesn't seem to hydrate all that well. However, it is a very nice colour. 
Will not repurchase






MAC Lustreglass in Morning Glory
I got this as part of the christmas gift sets, which comes with deluxe sized lipglosses. I've wanted to try lustreglasses and found that their texture is less sticky than the other MAC lipglosses. I like this one alot. There's plenty of sparkle and shimmer in this, and will look great over some lipstick. If this came with a doefoot applicator, this lipgloss would have scored another point. 
Will repurchase

In my next post, I'll show you the things I'm trying to use up... 

2 comments:

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

Lots of things you are not repurchasing :/ Sorry to hear they weren't as great as you expected them to be. I love the Lancome bi facial makeup remover as well! It wonderous :D

Tracy said...

Sometimes it's all about trial and error before you find a holy grail product which you'll repurchase over and over again.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...