May 10, 2010

A Minimalistic Look for Work using MAC Ripe Peach Blush Ombre

I don't know why I hardly ever have time in the mornings lately to do my full face of makeup. I get lazy when it comes to thinking what eye looks to pair with my outfit. Today I kept it simple with my MAC Ripe Peach Blush Ombre.

So lets get started...

After a quick morning shower and an impatient 3-minutes under the hairdryer (excuse my messy hair), I apply my DiorSnow Sunscreen.

Now for my Korres Silicone-Free Primer. I love this stuff and it has a nice fresh and citrusy fragrance.


It seems to hydrate my skin better than my other primers. And as you know, dry skin makes your foundation look more uneven and patchy.

After applying a sheer layer of the IPSA in-Essence Foundation, my skin looks really nice and dewy.

And after IPSA Poreless Loose Powder, my skin is looking even and ready for a pop of colour...

MAC Ripe Peach, my new everyday favourite. You can pack on more colour by using the darker gradient. Today I used the darker gradiant and whoaaa!! I didn't realise how pigmented this blush was. So next time, I think I'll use the middle to lighter gradient for work.
I don't usually like very pigmented blushes, especially for work. I'm afraid of looking too clownish, especially when we have client meetings. However, when we meet Korean clients we need to have a fresh face with some makeup. It's considered rude to not wear makeup.


The final look... no products on my eyes. Very minimalistic! I kinda like it.

All the gear used to create this look.
Korres Face Primer
Diorshow Sunscreen
IPSA In-essence Foundation
IPSA Poreless Loose Powder
Shu Uemura Brow Gel
YSL Anti-Cernes Concealer
MAC Ripe Peach

Oh, I just placed my order for Lush UK last night. Got them to ship it directly to my US account (as it's cheaper than getting it shipped from UK to Singapore). So excited to see all my soaps come in. I have only just started to get into Lush. I got their Honey I washed the kids soap and it smells lovely. I can't wait to try out more of their products.

I hope you have a good week!

4 comments:

Rainy Days and Lattes said...

The peach blush is fantastic. It really gives your skin that extra "glow" :) I think you naturally have very nice skin! :D What kind of foundation is ISPA? i have never heard of it! The Korres primer looks awesome. What a big tube it comes in :)

It's considered rude to not wear makeup in front of Koreans? Wow! I had no idea =/

Tracy said...

I like to use my IPSA foundation to give a my skin a little more hydration. It's easier to blend than my Nars Sheer Glow (which can look quite streaky).

Yeah, in Korean conservative culture, the women need to dress in subdued colours. Dress and appearance in business meetings are pretty important to them, like the Japanese. :) I work in a v. conservative industry, by the way...

miss wiggle said...

The blush looks so cute on you. Actually makes your cheeks look like ripe peaches! :D

innerchild said...

I like simple looks, you look so fresh! Wow, it's rude to not wear makeup in front of Koreans? I also heard about that for Japanese. I guess you should always look your best. Agh, I don't like strict rules like that haha I probably won't fit well in such a conservative society xD

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...