May 30, 2010

Massive LUSH UK Haul - Experiences, Shipping, Costs, Suggestions

Ok, so I hauled. Big time hauled. I'm down to my little palm size amount of 'Honey I washed my kids' soap and I needed some more. I read from several blogs that ordering from the Lush UK store is cheaper, and more efficient than the Lush HK or IN (India) site. It's a pity that Lush is not in Singapore, so it's hard to know what you're getting until you receive it in the mail. 

I had butterflies in my stomach. I was REALLY looking forward to this. 

It's nicely packed in a 15cm (Height) X 23cm (Width) X 14cm (Depth), which means you end up saving extra shipping cost. In fact, the total weight of this was 1.78kg, which comes to £7.95 to ship to the USA. That's considerably affordable especially not having to pay for 17.5% VAT in Europe/UK. 

I shipped this to my US Borderlinx suite, and consolidated my shipments that I had. The shipping cost from the US to Singapore is about SGD20ish. It's much cheaper than shipping it directly from the UK to Singapore, which is about 40 pounds if I remember correctly. I placed this order on the 9th May and I received this about 10 days in the US Borderlinx Suite. It was definitely worth the wait! I spent SGD120 for all 10 products. Do take advantage of the low pound (GBP) currency while you still can. 

Everything is nicely packed in the box, nothing was damaged. But I can see how bath bombs can potentially be affected because of it's relatively small box. I didn't order any bath bombs cos I don't really take baths. 

On to the products; LUSH items are generally short-expiry especially the liquid based products. I won't be going into depth with the products since I haven't used all of them yet. But if you wish for any reviews, let me know in the comments below.

H'Suan Wen Hua - a deep conditioning hair mask. I'll probably use this fairly quickly. I heard alot of good stuff about this product. Smells of oatmeal with herbs. A bit of a strange scent, to be honest. I'm more interested in the benefits than the actual scent. It should be great for ladies with chemically treated hair like mine! Expires in 3 months. 


The highly raved Dream Cream. I tried it on my hands and the moisturiser sinks in beautifully without the tacky feeling you often get. It smells very much like Jurlique's Rose Water. So if you're a fan of Jurlique, you'll love this too. Expires in 1 yr. 


Honey Trap Lip Balm. Tried this on my lips and found it decently moisturising. It doesn't give you the glossy finish that some lipbalms do. But it smells lovely and is solid so there's less chances of germs penetrating the product. Expires in 1 yr.



Angels on Bare Skin - I'm really looking forward to trying this. It really reminds me of the Jurlique Face Wash Cream where it looks like there's bits of cereal. It does look like cake dough before it's being molded to pretty gingerbread man shapes. Expires in 3 months.


Packaging for the soaps from the UK site is slightly different to the ones you get from the store. They seal it in a cellophane sheet, which works just fine. But I'll probably put this into freezer bags to avoid the scents transferring to my other products.

Sexy Peel is a slightly softer soap, which smells of lemon. I ordered the 100g size and I think this may last me for 2 months of everyday use. 

Rockstar. When I first got this, I didn't know whether I liked it. My boyfriend immediately thought 'Candy Floss'! How cute. 

Honey I Washed the Kids - It smells sooooo divine when it's fresh. My current one still sits in my shower and it still exudes the gorgeous scent making my bathroom smell uber nice. I'm disappointed with the size, cos it looks slightly smaller than my other two. I wish I ordered more! 

American Cream hair conditioner. Smells lovely and will probably start using this today. Expires in 1 yr.

Big Buffy got me slightly confused. When I received this, it was crazy soft as if it was melting in my hands. I wasn't sure if it was meant to be the case, so I popped this in my fridge. The minimum size was 200g, and this will probably last me a very long time. An exfoliant and moisturiser at the same time. 

The Soft Touch Massage Bar got me very interested. It smells sooo divine with citrus and applies like a dream. It literally melts in your hands. It does have a greasy texture and takes a while for it to soak into the skin but it's got a lovely smell that it's not too much of a hassle to use. This came with a LUSH tin, and fits this massage bar perfectly. This piece will last me a very long time cos you only need the slightest amount to rub onto your hands. 

My entire LUSH UK loot! It was a positive experience and if any girls are interested to find out more, do let me know!

3 comments:

Tiptoe21 said...

I'd love to know more about the American Cream Conditioner. I've been eyeing that one for a while but I've been unsure about buying it. Perhaps if you have time, you can do a review on it after you use it for awhile? thanks!

BeautyOnTheWay said...

Haha...I received some LUSH products recently too! I ordered from the UK website together with some friends. I've been using LUSH since last year, really fall in love with it.

I never tried "Dream Cream" in your list, wait for you review!

Tiptoe21 said...

Hi thanks for your quick reply to my question! I look forward to the review.

I did doubt FANCL's vitamins and other supplements at first, mainly because it is a beauty company. But I've come to trust their research and the quality of their products and it has been working out for me so far. Thank you for bringing that question up!

Have a good day =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...