May 4, 2010

In-Style 150 Best Buys

I've been a very bad girl. I've been traveling nonstop lately from Bangkok - Kuala Lumpur - Delhi - Phuket. Now that I'm back in Singapore, my immunity has gone out of whack and I'm sick as a dog. I've fallen sick 3 times now in the last few months, which worries me because I'm usually tough against the bugs. Last year I only fell sick once and that was only just a minor sniffle. It really shows that traveling is so stressful on the body. I'm at home now trying to recover for lost time on my blog and I apologize if I've been a lazy bugger. Just a note though, I'm taking it easier on blogging since I have exams looming ahead and I need to score a good GMAT score in order to admit into the better B-schools. Now and then, I will post a few things which I think you may find interesting. 

I saw that In-Style magazine had an interesting promo 2 weeks back. With the purchase, you get deluxe sized Goldwell Shampoo (100mL) and Conditioner (75mL). The Kinokuniya lady handed me the volumizing range to try. I was really happy I received some freebies to try especially going to Phuket, where I didn't want to carry too many nic nacs. 
It's a rare thing to get good freebies with English magazines unlike Japanese magazines which give out some really cool stuff! 

I must admit the scent of the products are so overwhelmingly strong, it reduced the joy when washing my hair. The shampoo comes in a clear gel, takes a bit to lather up, and seems to tangle my hair alot more than any shampoo should. The conditioner on the other hand comes in a gel formulation. It's totally rubbish when it comes to moisturising the hair. I tried it once and never again. 

After letting my hair air dry, I found that my hair was so thready, as if there's still lots of product residue left over. I was definitely not impressed! For the next few days, I used the hotel shampoo and conditioner and it did a better job. I should have tossed it while I was there... (i will when this post is over!).

Okay, rant over. I thought I'll show you the 150 best buys that was the awesome part of the magazine... 

1. Foundation
I'm really keen to try the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. I'll probably grab one of those when one of my foundations are finished...

2. Concealer
I had no idea the MUFE HD finishing powder can be used for concealing properties. Although, I'm still in love with my YSL Anti-Cernes Concealer Stick. This stuff is so creamy and comparable to CDP Undereye Concealer which costs 3-4 times as much!

3. Cheeks
I'll have to agree with the NARs Powder Blush range. My most coveted blush would be Nars Madly and  Orgasm. 

4. Eyes
Considering how many stuff I have which belongs to this page, probably shows that I'm an 'Eye' junkie. I love Lancome Bi-Facils. I've tried Neutrogena, L'oreal, Ottie, Guerlain (sample), and I will always fall back on Lancome Bi-Facils. I've never tried L'oreal HIP Shadow Duos but I'm interested to see how it compares to a standard MAC eyeshadow. 

5. Lips
I lurve lipsticks, lipglosses, lipbalms. And I must confess, I probably have too many of the same colours too. I'm really keen to try the Maybelline and Rimmel lipsticks which everyone is raving about. 

6. Nails
I'm not quite as crazy when it comes to nails. I only have a few and my most preferred formulas would be of OPI and Paul & Joe. Revlon nailpolishes aren't worth your moolah in my opinion. I consider myself a cheapskate when it comes to my nails. haha! Not very 'ladylike'. 

7. Skin (Normal, Dry, Sensitive, Oily, Treatments)




I personally believe skincare is really individual and subjective. Provided that you give your skin adequate hydration and sun protection and you're set!

9. Body



10. Hair


Its funny how they included a terrible hair pack with this magazine. I hope this was helpful and interesting. Have a great week, gals! :)

2 comments:

Tiptoe21 said...

Funny that you post about this in-Style issue. I just read it today at the gym (meaning, i didn't get the freebie haha).

i never understood skin-care recommendation in the magazines either. I agree that people have different reactions to certain skincare products and some work better than others depending on the individual.

thanks for the post!

yeowtl said...

hey just want to share that i also bot the magazine and got the Rich Repair set of shampoo and conditioner, they are very good, makes my hair soft and smooth. Maybe because i have colored and bleached hair and this range just nice able to repair my damaged hair. Guess the volumising range is not suitable for your hair type.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...