April 11, 2010

Product Review on the Laneige Water Sleeping Pack_Ex


Last year, Laneige came up with a newer formulation of the famous Water Sleeping Pack. The Ex factor helps to bring additional hydration to the skin. I bought this at the Changi duty free shops when my skin was in need of serious hydration. 

This mask is to be used at night, logically as the skin recovers the most during your sleep. Referring to the product insert, applying it before going to bed, is the best state for skin 'transmission' according to the skin circadian rhythm and maximises the efficiency of overnight supply. 

I suppose it's true to a certain extent because night creams are designed to be thicker and more moisturising. When I use this product, I forgo the need of any moisturisers at night. 

It comes in 80 mL sturdy plastic jar, with enough product to last you for a half a year depending on your usage. 

The product has a light gel-type texture. I usually use about a SGD 50 cent size to apply to my whole face around an hr before bed. 


When applied to the skin, it has a wet texture. From my experience, the wet sticky feeling is so uncomfortable when initially applied. But after about an hour, the gel is sufficiently absorbed into the skin. However, some product will still remain on the surface and if you're the type of person who sleeps on the side, it's quite irritating! I hate having to sleep on a wet pillow! Since I sleep in a very cold room every night, the gel will dry up in within a few hours of sleep but it means that I have to lie on my back the whole time till I completely doze off. I can imagine that I'll hate this product with a passion if I had to sleep in a hot and humid room.

After about 8 hrs of sleep, I cleanse my face as usual and I find that my pores are slightly smaller due to the hydration. So with that, I find that this water sleeping pack is quite good but is a pain in the ass to use. Comparing this to sheet masks, I find that the effect of the water sleeping pack is probably not as comparable or effective for that matter. 

In summary, I probably won't repurchase this. I rather use sheet masks for hydration and it's much easier to travel as well. 

1 comment:

innerchild said...

Thank you for the review. I wanted to try Laneige's masks, especially this one. I see that you would recommend using sheet masks more. What are your favorites? :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...