April 15, 2010

Lunasol White Gradation Palette for an Alluring Touch on a Thursday

After showing you all my Lunasol E/S stash, I have had requests to do an EOTD and a review of the white gradation palette which came out in Spring 2009. The colours in this palette looks very plain on pan but are truly sensational when combined on the eyelids. It's no wonder this palette was such a star hit upon its release!


All the colors swatch beautifully. Today I used all the shades for my EOTD in the following order mentioned in the picture...

Firstly, I prepped my eyelid with P&J Eyeshadow Primer (which I really like to cover any uneven skin tone. Easy to blend and extremely creamy)

I used the shade from the top right corner to my inner corner of my eye lid. It comes off with a slight greenish yellow shade on the lid

Afterwards, I pack on the bottom left shade from the palette which appears light on pan but when applied on the lid it gives a pearlescent light greyish green. 

Using the bottom right shade of the palette, the greenish brown is a perfect complement to the other two shades which I applied previously

To finish it off, I used the silver shade from upper left shade of the palette, which helps to smoothen out all the harsh lines.


I lined my eyes with MAC Blitz & Glitz Gel Liner on the upper lash line...

Then used Urban Decay Zero 24/7 Eyeliner to darken my waterline

Now for some YSL Faux Cils... 

I love how this EOTD is subtle enough for work but nice & shimmery when under the office lights (especially when I'm in the elevator by myself). I know I'm going to get alot more uses out of the Lunasol White Gradation palette. The colour combination is divine and nothing that I currently have in my overflowing eyeshadow stash. If you can still get a hold of this, you must swatch it! The colours looks so much better in real life than in photos. 

Wore a floral print dress to work today. Not that it's really work appropriate but ah well... Gotta spice up the 'work wardrobe' now and then. I got this dress from Mango and it's a hit & miss with some of my friends. My flamboyant stylish girlfriends love the prints but hate the cutting. 

Here's the gear I used for today's look. Other products not mentioned before includes Nars Madly blush, Nars Sheer Glow, P&J moisturising primer, YSL touche eclat, Shu Uemura Brow Gel, and Rimmel Pink Shimmer lipstick. 

I apologise for not posting very much this month. I've been really busy with work, study, friends and all that jazz. I've been going out partying on the weekends as well, which means I am terribly hung over on the weekends (hangover = bad photography). But I hope to pick up my blogging after my exams are over in June. Meanwhile, I can't wait for the MAC to the Beach collection. I hope it's coming up next month!

4 comments:

Jess said...

This is one of my favorite Lunasol palettes! ;)
I really like how you applied the shadows! the shades are Super fresh for spring, huh?

miss wiggle said...

Awesome! Thanks for the review! Another palette to add to my Lunasol wishlist. :P

iheartkoreanbeauty said...

Hi Tracy,

Nice EOTD :)

I couldn't help but notice that you haven't done many Korean skincare/ cosmetic reviews and would like to introduce you to my Korean beauty products blog shop:

iheartkoreanbeauty.blogspot.com

selling all sorts of Korean beauty products from jewellery (earrings for S$5) to skincare and cosmetics.

Would be cool if you would check out my shop. I've just started it, but maybe when I'm more established we could reach an arrangement where I send you free samples in return for advertising via your blog? :)

Hope to hear from you soon!

Cheers
Z

Anna said...

You look very pretty in your floral dress!

http://cocktailoffashion.co.uk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...