March 14, 2010

Weekend FOTD - Test drive with Chanel Teint Innocence Compact & MAC Triple Fusion MSF

Today I'm giving my Chanel Teint Innocence Compact Foundation another test drive. I've made a review of this foundation previously but I didn't like how it blended. Maybe it was because I was in a rush and I didn't have enough time to blend it in. 

Anyway, here it is again to my left cheek. It helps to illuminate my complexion significantly, and evens out my discoloration effectively. I forgot to mention previously that this cream when applied gives a nice soothing feeling. However, the fragrance is quite strong, so it can be mildly irritating to the nose. 

Here's a more detailed product review of this foundation:


Now to both sides... The coverage is fantastic. I didn't use any concealer at all to cover my blemishes and spots. And it feels nice enough without needing to put additional loose powder. 

I look really tired in the picture, but I'm not. I suppose I've been rather stressed about my career/life lately. It's probably a sign that I'm getting my period. ;P

I never really grab the MAC MSFs too much because it tends to accentuate my huge pores. But I decided to give this one a test go since I've never gave it enough attention. Today I have MAC Triple Fusion on my cheeks. I selectively used the pink shade on my cheeks, the darker brown shade on the sides of my cheekbones blending up to the temples.

Although you may not see it so much on my cheeks, it's quite shimmery... But it's not quite as frosty as Petticoat. 

Then I experimented using NYX Jumbo Eyepencil in Oyster (which is a beautiful lilac purple but creases like no other!), then MAC Push the Edge pigment (beautiful intense purple), and Urban Decay Single eyeshadow in Goddess (dark blue with lots of chunky glitter). Followed by MAC technakohl eyeliner in artistic license. 

And the final look... Wish I had woken up earlier to go for a run in the morning (it's going to start pissing down rain soon). If the skies clear, I'll go for a walk at the McRitchie later in the afternoon.

The lipstick is in Bobbi Brown Pink Beige (just fyi)

Next post: P&J Haul from Isetan Private Sales. Stay tuned :)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...