March 11, 2010

EOTD using one of my favorite eyeshadow palettes - Jill Stuart Layered Gem

I couldn't decide what I should do with my clothes and makeup this morning. But I think I pulled it off quite nicely with my oh so reliable Jill Stuart Eyeshadow Palette in 07 Layered Gem. I'm not sure if you can still get your hands on this palette but I know that it was still selling in HK the last time I visited there.
 

So after my base makeup (foundation) routine...

Used my Shu Uemura Brow Gel to colour in my eyebrows with a MAC 266 brush. I prefer this over the hard formula pencil, which I've been using for years! 

I like that this is more water resistant than the pencils. I believe it comes in 3 different brown shades. This shade here is the darkest brown shade, which is perfect for my dyed brown hair.

Every month I go to Browhaus to tint my brow color otherwise it looks totally off! But sometimes they over do it and I end up looking brow-less. No likey.

So first up I used the 2nd shade, a gorgeous shimmery (and soft) pink in the inner corner of my eye. I like to use the MAC 213 fluffy brush to apply Jill Stuart eyeshadows cos they're alot softer than your usual MAC eyeshadows. The brush is also small enough for small asian eyes (like mine).  

With the same brush, I then used the 3rd chestnut brown shade to apply the outer corner of my lid...

Then using a MAC 219 pencil brush I used the dark blue shade to line my outer small lash line, extending out to give a more sultry look.

Similarly, I applied the same sequence to the bottom lash line and blended all the harsh lines...

Lined my waterline with UD Bourbon 24/7 pencil and used YSL faux cils mascara. I love how this mascara instantly lifts your lashes!

I think I pulled it off nicely for someone who woke up late!

Hehe! funny faces as usual!

hahaha! My poses... I'm getting better, don't you think? ;)

All the gear I used today to create this look. I hope you liked it!


  • MAC The Perfect Cheek Blush


  • Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Bourbon


  • YSL Faux Cils Mascara


  • Shiseido Mascara Base


  • Jill Stuart Layered Gem 07 Eyeshadow Palette


  • Shu Uemura Brow Gel


  • YSL Rouge Pur in Tea Rose 148


  • MAC tinted lip conditioner in popster


  • Urban Decay Primer Potion
A small ramble to start my daily grind; I'm a little shocked at my boss' comments today. He intends to place me in Malaysia for a period of 3 months and possibly indefinitely. And he wants to do it the week after next! My god! I have alot of thinking to do tonight. Yikes! As much as I love KL, I'm gonna miss Singapore so much more! It makes me realise how fortunate I've been here in Singapore. God, I love how I can still get healthy food and walk around the streets without having the fear that someone will rob me. So what are the things you love about your country? Share!! 

Btw, a small shout out to my new subbies! Welcome! :) And to my regular subbies, thanks so much for your support! xoxo, Tracy 

2 comments:

Superficialgirl said...

Very pretty and natural! :)

Marce said...

You're so pretty! Love this FOTD and the pretty things you used for it, too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...