February 9, 2010

Sweet Angelic Romance for V-Day ;)


With Valentines Day looming ahead, every right and left turn, I see hearts... and cupids... and teddies... and roses. I might as well look like I'm all pinked out too. So I found a little gem in my blush stash, which is the pretty glittery Angelika blush from NARS.

As you can see, there's some intense glitter going on in that pan, but it's non-gritty and smooth to the touch. It is very pigmented as all NARS blushes tend to be, so I reached for a softer brush (less dense) to apply this on. I will only use the MAC 188 mini skunk brush on really super pigmented blushes like Exhibit A or Desire. For this, I found my Bobbi Brown blush brush perfect for the job.

You do get alot of glitter on application, but it's not too much that your face spells 'DRAG QUEEN'. Most of the glitter falls off if you tap your brush gently before you apply it to your cheeks. 

SMILE! And pat the brush gently on the apples of the cheek. 

After 1 stroke of the brush, your cheeks get a perfect amount of colour. Not too over the top but nice enough to brighten your complexion. 

I then used Paul & Joe Lipstick N in 26, which is a gorgeous bright pink (with blue undertone) and this colour complements the pinky Angelika blush nicely. It only took me 5 minutes to do this look. 

And here's the rest of my Valentines arsenal I used to create my look. Minimal eye makeup is key to avoid looking too 'overdone'. 

And finally some swatches...
From left to right: Angelika blush, P&J Lipstick N 26, Laneige Multi Professional Shadow 02, Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Bourbon.

2 comments:

p chan said...

i've always wanted to get this blush!!! but the shipping totally kills my want for this item! :( Boo!

miss wiggle said...

You look so fresh and lovely! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...