February 21, 2010

A neutral eye and a rosey lip - FOTD for the weekend


I was inspired by Pixiwoo's video clip and this picture I saw on the latest CLEO magazine. So today's look will be a mixture of a neutral eye, rosey lips and a bronzy complexion.

I don't usually pack on too much bronzer because i hate to look orange. So usually, one swipe of the NARS Laguna bronzer on each cheek is sufficient. So today's look is definitely alot more than 1 swipe. Several, in fact!
 
I strongly recommend the Bobbi Brown Bronzing Brush. It's like a kabuki brush with a handle, and is amazingly soft. Washes beautifully, feels amazing and very high quality. 

I started off with lipstick today (reversed order). This lipstick from Coffret D'or  in PK 229 is extremely glossy and sheer. I got this from an expo sale a while back at a bargain price of $10! So here I have it on my lips at the moment. 

I then applied my Dior Addict lipgloss in Reflect 337, which was released in the Dior Summer Electic Lights collection. This gloss is super super sparkly but soo beautiful! This combined with the Coffret D'or lipstick is love at first sight.

I then did a neutral smokey eye using MAC's eyeshadows in Style Snob, Vanilla pigment and Smoke & Diamonds. I lined my eyes with Bobbi Brown's charcoal black matt colour which you can dupe with MAC's carbon. 

I then used a really soft rose colour from Lunasol, which was part of the Christmas 2008 coffret. A tiny blush but a really safe blush colour which goes well with anything. Colour in Soft Silver Rose. 

 
The look is really subtle, barely there but nice enough for an evening out. Hair up in a bun or hair down? Decisions decisions...

 This is the gear I used today... 

And swatches... 

What are you up to this weekend?



2 comments:

feeyona said...

that's a lovely polished fotd! the bobbi brown bronzing brush looks really soft... does it take a long time to dry when you wash it? i'm considering another kabuki brush because my current one takes forever to dry.

Vonvon said...

Very casual look, but defines your features!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...