January 18, 2010

Product Review of the Mario Badescu Control Moisturizer for Oily Skin

Thank you for suggesting the Panasonic Lumix Digital camera. Since I don't have a compact camera, I'll do random product reviews using my Nikon DSLR. Unfortunately, my old camera doesn't have a LCD screen display so FOTD and EOTDs are quite challenging. I have never tried Panasonic and I'm looking forward to giving it a test-go during my lunch break tomorrow! :)

Ever since I posted about my skincare regime, I've added & deleted a few items. One of the 'replacement' includes the Mario Badescu Control Moisturiser for Oily Skin. I got this from Sephora in Singapore and honestly, I can't remember how much I paid for this. All I do remember is that I vowed to only get Mario Badescu products online from now on, as Sephora here tends to jack up the prices twice!



The reason for this purchase was purely to give my dry skin some relief, without causing more breakouts.

Product Description
Soothing botanicals and healing Seaweed Extract make this oil-free daily moisturiser ideal for acne-erupted sensitive and oily skin due to their anti-inflammatory properties. Controls irritation and flakiness associated with aggressive acne treatments and provides natural hydration and protection against moisture loss.

Container
It comes in a 59mL plastic bottle with a small tip cap which you can shut/open quite easily. Thumbs up to a convenient portable container for easy travel. However, I find that when I store this in cooler temperatures, the product tends to clump and clog the small outlet. You do get a number of months usage out of this seemingly small bottle because a little bit of product goes a long way. 

Product

This moisturiser tends to be more of a cream consistency, which is ironic as it's meant to be for oily skin ladies. I noticed that there is a paraffin-like substance in this cream probably due to the propylene glycol and the many parabens. After storing this in my bathroom, I notice some separation. However, shaking the bottle easily fixes this problem. My suggestion is not to store this product in high humidity or heat.

Ingredients: Deionised Water, Balsam Peru, Algae Extract, Glyceryl Polymethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Ceatearyl Alcohol Ceteareth-20 Squalene, Pantheryl Hydroxypropyl Steardimonium Chloride, Stearic Acid, Allantoin, Triethanolamine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Propylparaben, Methylparaben

Product Effectiveness
Does it really claim to soothe inflammation? I haven't really noticed that... However, it doesn't aggravate my sensitive acne-prone skin. It takes a while to work the product into the skin, but afterwards it gives a nice hydrated feeling.


After about 2 weeks of usage, I wouldn't say that there's a big difference to my skin. It serves as a simple moisturiser but great on sensitive skin due to excessively drying acne creams/medications.

My Ratings
Container
Product
Overall 
  

1 comment:

Claire Tan said...

Thanks for the review! Been wondering how well this moisturiser works.

xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...