January 26, 2010

My thoughts on NYX Pigments and how it compares to MAC/Barry M

Thank you for supporting me through these times. Your comments really made me feel a million times better. It helps that beauty is a hobby that keeps me happy when the going gets rough.

I bought a new camera... and thank you Miss Wiggle and Jess for your recommendations on the Panasonic Lumix TZ5. In fact, I got the Panasonic Lumix TZ7 after reviews on cameralab.com and I was super impressed by the picture quality and the zoom macro. Even when doing shots of myself, I notice that this camera picks up the tiniest detail. Ladies, you're gonna see all my pores from now on!

I did some retail therapy today; just a little bit. I picked up a few NYX Ultra Pearl Mania just to test out. Afterall, MAC pigments are a tad overpriced.


It comes in a 5mL tinsy container, and seriously, the opening is soooooo tiny, I can't even fit my MAC 242 brush through that hole. It's smaller than the MAC Christmas Set Pigments.

 And it's a real pain in the ass to try and tip the product into the cap. So with much difficulty, I had to tip it into plate. By then I have probably already wasted quite a bit of product, cos it's not particularly hygienic to put it back in. I've already knocked the container a few times while applying eyeshadow, so maybe it doesn't have enough weight to hold the plastic container or maybe I'm just a klutz.

However, it does have fairly good pigmentation. It's definitely a lot more shimmery than MAC pigments, and almost equivalent to the Barry M dazzledusts, which I love! I did notice that the NYX pigment doesn't grab onto the skin as well, and therefore causing quite a bit of fall-out.

Unfortunately, the colour selection looks great on the bottle but somewhat average in payoff on the skin.

As always, all pigments perform much better with some MAC Fix+. With that in mind, it's not a bad choice if you're bored and want to try some daring colours without forking out that kind of cash on MAC pigments.


I still haven't mastered the art of the flash yet... (as you can probably see, this camera is great in picking up my contact lens too! haha)

Today's smart-casual outfit is pretty simple; a black top from H&M, blue tight pants from H&M and a belt from Zara.



I hope you're having a great Tuesday. I need to catch up on some reading of the world today. I realised I've completely lost track of everything that's going on, even whatever is current in Haiti.

Goodnight :)


1 comment:

Claire Tan said...

Thanks for this compassion post. I personally prefer Make Up For Ever's Star Powder, but definitely not the price for it. :P

Hope you're feeling much better dear. Take care! :) xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...