January 31, 2010

EOTD - Teals, Blues & Greens Using Stila, Shu Uemura and MAC


I can never pull off blues or teals without looking too overdone or trashy! But I was inspired to try out some bolder colours for the weekend after surfing on Temptalia.

Plus, I noticed that I haven't used much of my blue eyeshadows, including the MAC Mutiny pigment and my Stila All Doll'd Up palette. It's definitely not something that I'll wear on a daily basis, but it's fun and I get to try some of the beautiful colours from the Stila palette. 

So starting off, I prepped my face with my base makeup...
The usual stuff...

The Eye Arsenal I used to create this look:
- MAC Mutiny Pigment
- Stila All Doll'd Palette
- MAC Claire de Lune
- Shu Uemura ME Blue 650
Shu Uemura Eyeliner in 03 M Blue
MAC Artistic License Technakhol
Shu Uemura Eyebrow Pencil
YSL Faux Cils Mascara
Shiseido Mascara Base

The specific eyeshadows in the order of light green on the inner corner, light blue in the middle, and teal at the outer corner, followed by dark blue (Shu Uemura ME Blue 650) to darken the crease. Then I used a light blue to line my lower lash line and dark blue liner to line the upper lash line (Shu M Blue). 
Sounds complicated? Lets go through it step by step.

1st, I used MAC Mutiny (a beautiful sky blue) pigment all over my lid
(I need to get my eyebrows done!)

Light green from the Stila palette in the inner corner

Then the medium blue in the middle of my lid

Followed by a teal on the outer crease

Shu Uemura Blue 650 on the outer crease area to deepen the crease

Used MAC Claire de Lune to highlight and soften the harsh lines. Then lined my lower lash line with the Shu Uemura blue on the outer lash line, and the light green again near the tear duct.

Finished the look by curling the lashes

 and lining my upper lash line with a dark blue pencil and lower lash line with a light blue. 

Used Benefit Thrrrob on the cheeks and YSL Rouge Pur in 148 Tea Rose to lighten my pigmented lips

Making funny faces cos that's what I like to do when I'm bored... hahaha!!

The final look... What do you think? Do you like it?


2 comments:

miss wiggle said...

Nice bold look~ Love your fish-y face! So cute! :D

Diane said...

you look gorgeous!!! you can pull off the blues and teals! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...