December 13, 2009

EOTD with Jill Stuart Brilliance Eyes in 07 Jewel Violet


Today's review will be on my new eye palette from Hong Kong (back in November). This range belongs to the brilliance eyes, which is meant to be sheerer and more subtle. It's not as glittery as the illuminance eyes range and is perfect for work.


The design of the palette is less intricate as the new releases (see my review on my other JS eyeshadow palette here). I like how it can act as a mirror, but I don't like how it smudges quite easily.


Again, the palette comes with a dual sponge tip which I only use if I really have no choice. The first 3 shades are soft in texture, whilst the last dark purple shade has a glittery feel. All in all, pigmented and easy to apply over a eyeshadow base.


From left to right: a basic silver shade, a lilac purple, a soft gold and finally a dark mauvy purple.


Quantity in 4.5g. I believe I bought this for HKD 350.


I decided to give my eyes a more gradation effect by using the middle 2 shades as my main colours. So lets get started...


I started off with the soft gold shade on the outer corner of my eye...


Followed by the lilac purple shade on the middle of my eye...


Then I used the white silver shade on the inner corner of my eye...


I defined my crease with the dark purple shade, and used the same colours on the bottom lash line...


And finally, blending the purple to smoothen out the harsh lines...


Some fall out...


My finished look.


With YSL faux cils...


On my eyes, the shades tend to be quite subtle, so I decided to give my lips a bit more colour. Here I'm using YSL Pur Gloss in 04 (Love this).

My ratings for the JS Illuminance Eyes Jewel Violet 07 eyeshadow palette would be:
Packaging
Pigmentation
Versatility 
Overall


Sweet 17 till my braces come off. Hope you're having a great Sunday! I need to go to work in 2 hrs... BOOO! ;(




All the gear used:
- JS Brilliance Eyes in Jewel Violet 07
- Gransenbon Blush in 02
- Shiseido Mascara Base
- YSL Faux Cils
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- Fasio eyebrow mascara
- IPSA Pore Less Loose Powder
- P&J Protective Fluid Foundation
- P&J Moisturising Primer
- YSL touche eclat
- YSL Anti-cernes Concealer

Till then!

5 comments:

innerchild said...

Hey, thanks for following my blog. I think we have a lot in common: strong biology/chemistry background (seeing as you're a pharmacist) and a love for Japanese makeup. Yes! I hope you don't mind me following you back. :)

miss wiggle said...

This palette looks beautiful on you! :D I especially love the soft gold shade.

Although, I think this comes from the Brilliance line of eyeshadows! The Illuminance eyes have a slightly different packaging. :)

Tracy said...

miss wiggle: you're right! I checked and it's true, this is the brilliance eyes. Thanks for the tip.

Tracy said...

innerchild: Thanks for following me :)

GirL With GLasSes... said...

the colors are pretty.
nice eotd =)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...