December 6, 2009

Base Makeup Reviews & Neutral Orange EOTD

I always look forward to a quiet weekend where I can play around with makeup without any interruptions. So today, I'm doing a neutral but fun orange twist EOTD. And of course, I'm still trying to catch up with product reviews, so I'll combine some of my thoughts here...


Paul & Joe Moisturising Foundation Primer in 01 (SPF 12 PA+)
The formulation is quite creamy but runny and easy to apply. I'm not sure if it really enhances the look of the foundation, but I use it to give my skin some hydration. There's nothing worse than applying foundation which enhances your dry skin. I hated this foundation primer when I had oily skin but now that I'm getting dry skin, this is perfect. This shade is transparent with no shimmer, unlike the other 02 and 03 shades.


Paul & Joe Protective Fluid Foundation 01
This foundation is highly raved with Fuzkittie, Mona and other beauty bloggers. It does give a nice dewy finish but it has not much staying power when oily skin ladies are concerned. It seems to slip off in the middle of the day. However, that said, it's fantastic for drier skin types. Coverage is medium and doesn't feel cakey at all.


IPSA Pore Less Loose Powder 
This loose powder doesn't have oil control but it gives a beautiful even finish for enlarged pores. It takes forever to finish this, even when using it daily for the last year. It comes with a luxurious puff which feels absolutely amazing on the skin. I often just use the puff to apply this when I'm traveling. It has no colour but it does give a slightly fairer effect after application. Overall, I like this but I'm dying to finish this so I can move on to the P&J loose powder.


Guerlain Meteorites Poudre de Perles (Illuminating Perfecting Pressed Powder) 02 Rose Frais
I'm not a big fan of using this as a loose powder but instead over it to give a glow/illuminating effect. I use a MAC powder brush to apply this over, and it seems to soften the whole face. I really like this and this will last me forever at 10g! I even have a backup of this!

On to the weekend; I can't believe it's Sunday already. I don't look forward to going to work tomorrow because it's going to be madness again. I'll be flying to Jakarta again on Wednesday so I'll see my little furry friends again (yes, I have more doggies at home). Then I fly back to Singapore on Friday to attend my company's christmas party. I don't even look forward to going to the christmas party because you need to be even more careful about what you say outside of work. The amount of politics in the office is rampant and it's giving me a headache.

Today I'm going shopping for clothes (no makeup, I promise!). So I'm doing a neutral but fun orange twist for the weekend using MAC Off the Page Eyeshadow + Obviously Orange technokhol. I love this combination... I used Benefit's Get Figgy as a base. Deepened the crease with Bali from the NARS Nude Palette.





I'm still in love with YSL faux cils...


The finished look. Used MAC Viva Glam II on my lips.


The gear I used to create this look.



I'm still hopeless with camera shots... hahaha


My necklace that I got from a market in Taiwan. Love the whole Mongolian beady look.



BRACES!!! LOL! I'm going to shock the whole office on Monday. I seriously look like a 17 year old again. But it must be done... I've been thinking of doing braces for the longest time, plus I have my mum constantly nagging me. The dentist reckons it'll take me about a year to straighten my cross bite. I can't eat any solids at all, it hurts too much. So I'll be on a porridge diet all week. Blerggh!

I hope you're having a good Sunday, this is certainly the best I've had for months now.

1 comment:

mandy said...

From the pictures, those bases look great on you. :)
Braces are so painful in the beginning, but it's all worth it at the end!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...