October 13, 2009

Shu Uemura Single Eyeshadows - swatches and review


This week's product spotlight goes to Shu Uemura Single Eyeshadows. As we all know very well, Shu Uemura eyelash curlers has a cult following. I really love this brand, especially being introduced by my best friend. We went crazy about Shu Uemura at one stage, having tried alot of their products especially the dazzling array of eyeshadow singles. Most of their products are of great quality and the textures are particularly creamy and buttery. If you're a fan of the MAC starflash collection, you're going to love this!

Their permanent line has an impressive line up of shades, as shown above. Those underlined are the ones that I currently have.

Each pan contains 2.1 grams which is alot more than your normal 1.5 gram MAC eyeshadows. Packaging-wise, it can be much better. I'm not a big fan of the clear glass-plastic packaging but it's simple and colours are easy to locate. Here, I use an old Ferraro Rocher box to store all my Shu Uemura single eyeshadows. As you probably notice, I'm a big fan of greens especially being tanned for a long time.


IR 800 Beige
Swatches to the left
A gorgeous nude with gold shimmer particles
Great for a nude-neutral eye





ME 300 Yellow
A bright yellow, but doesn't appear OTT when swatched
Really fun when paired with blue or teal






ME 600 Blue
A hard-to-find-dupe ocean blue which goes well alone with black liner






IR Prestine Green
A lime kaffir green, limited edition from Spring 2007 collection
Needs to be paired which a brown to tone it down but perfect with 'SpringBreeze' which you'll see as you scroll down




P860 Brown
A classic brown, almost like satin taupe but darker






IR White 900Y
A pearly white with gold particles
Beautiful under the brow bone area... (hence my little pink sticker)





ME 700 Purple
My most beloved purple which I have not found a dupe to date
This is Shu's most popular shade in Singapore





P990 Black
This reminds me of the NARS night series with a black base and silver glitters. The glitters don't fall out either. Texture wise, it's slightly drier but nevertheless, easy to work with.




P Green 450
An emerald green with gold shimmer






ME 855 Brown
A copperish-brown for everyday wear







P900 White
A versatile white frosty colour, perfect around the tear duct area to open up the eyes!





P Springbreeze (limited edition)
A lavender purple, released as part of the limited edition Spring 2007 collection





ME 650 Blue
A dark navy blue to pair with a smokey eye






IR 400 Green
Another kaffir lime green but with more yellower than the limited edition shade above.






ME 550 Green
A leafy green with a beautiful silver sheen.




I hope this post was informative. I will start travelling again this week to Jakarta. There'll be some hotel photos with a few Indonesian dishes to make your mouth water. Not much shopping in Jakarta this time round since I'll be visiting friends and relatives. I studied there when I was much younger and went to the same kindegarten as Obama!


2 comments:

Shilka said...

Thanks for the review! Your collection is impressive :D I have been wanting to give shu uemura a try for a long time, but was always intimidated by the bold colors. But they are so preeeetyyyyyyyy

Hanounaa said...

thanks so much, I have been looking for shu swatches since a while!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...