October 2, 2009

September favourites


I can't believe how fast September has gone, especially when you thought you just did an August favourites not too long ago. 

This month's haul has been a double whopper, with items from the NYX jumbo pencils and the MAC makeup art cosmetics. Just a warning though, there may be injustice done to products that I haven't even tried. 

I normally try to limit 5 items of which I would consider my go-to items, but this month I'm having a hard time figuring out how to condense my list of 10 to 5. I'm cheating for September, I'm going to list 6 for you. 

1. MAC The Perfect Cheek Blush
This came out with the MAC makeup art cosmetics collection. I love how it's matte and the colour is 'perfect' as a pick-me-up. I'm surprised that I don't have enough matte blushers in my collection. Afterall, matte is often the way to go when you need to meet clients for work. I chose this as the 1st September favourite because I've been using it quite often this month. 



2. Shu Uemura lipstick in OR540
This is definitely not new. However, it's has an amazing glossy finish that the redness is toned down alot. My male colleague was so puzzled to see how different I looked the other day when I wore this. You know how rare it is to get a guy to notice anything, so this is a plus! The colour is suitable for Asian skin too, having a lot more orange undertone to it. Shu Uemura lipsticks are all over glossy and somewhat moisturising. I'm surprised I don't have many more of their lipsticks. I'm sure there'll be more to come!



3. Ardell Lashes in 110
I stopped using fake lashes ever since I started using the Shiseido mascara base. But I decided to try these Ardell lashes ever since I did my friend's makeup a few weeks back. I'm really impressed at the softness and quality of these lashes. They're almost comparable to Shu Uemura lashes, which is the holy grail of lashes in my opinion. At its' price, it's definitely a steal. 



4. Redken Cleansing Cream Shampoo
Wow, this stuff is seriously good at getting rid of product buildup from all the styling products you use all week. As you know, clarifying shampoos usually have a tendency of being extremely drying to your hair. But this one is truly amazing. My hair is always soft, light and bouncy after using this twice a week. I was about to buy myself another bottle at the Reds Salon at Ngee Ann City, but I was shocked! Being priced at $40, I rather buy myself Frekkai. Although, it's an amazing product. If I didn't have a choice, I would fork out that money to get that bottle. 



5. MAC 209 brush
For beginners who are intimidated by liquid liners, this brush is so amazing. I can do smooth lines without any fear of imperfect lines. I do have shakey hands and this applies any liquid/gel eye liner like a dream. I highly recommend it for someone who also wants to do the winged eyeliner effect. 



6. Bobbi Brown Bronzer Brush (new)
I hated the old Bobbi Brown brushes, especially the bronzer one, which basically looks lady gaga's fringe except super stiff. Thankfully, Bobbi changed all her brushes especially this one here. The new bronzer brush is amazingly soft and dense. Applying blush, bronzer, powder and the rest is so fun in the morning and this can be used for blending in product especially MAC's MSFs. 



This concludes my September favourites. I will keep changing my favourites especially for self-confessed beauty junkie. At least, these items will become my regular staples. 

Share with me your September favourites. Sharing is caring!

3 comments:

Popcorn said...

Nice blog! Do you have follower's gadget??? I would like to follow ya!!!!

Shilka said...

I love Ardell falsies too :D And they are so affordable! :D I'm still bit reluctant to sue them, since I've heard so many horror stories about loosing real lashes due to false lashes use... But it can't be that bad, can it?

Tracy said...

Really?! I'll be cautious to use the Ardel glue. I'm using the Shu Uemura glue which is perfect. Easy to remove if you make mistakes and it keeps the lashes in good condition too.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...