October 7, 2009

Lunasol Lavander Coral Eyeshadow & EOTD

In my opinion, Lunasol makes the most beautiful array of eyeshadows, all presented in eyeshadow-palette form. One of my most favourite go-to eyeshadow palette would be the Lavendar Coral which is part of the 2008 Spring Coral series. This palette in particular was sold out a few times at the Lunasol counter at Takashimaya. I've noticed that the recent releases of eyeshadow palettes have been quite disappointing. The coral series have been by far the most impressive line up of eyeshadows from Lunasol to date.

The palette features a light and dark shimmery purple, with a light pink and glittery goldish-white colour. I'm not a big fan of the gold-white colour as there's just too much glitter and creates fall-out. However, the purples makes the cost of the palette so worthwhile.

I've typically used this eyeshadow palette for work. I haven't really tried to spruce things up with this palette yet so today I'm going to give it a try...

First up, I use my Too Faced Shadow Insurance, followed by Stila Onyx black eye pencil all over my lid. I then pack on the dark purple shade from the Lunasol Lavendar Coral palette on the top.


Ok, now I've used a bit of the light purple shade around my tear duct area and my bottom lash line. In the middle of my lid, I placed a bit of the pink shade to give some dimension to the lid.


Followed by Stila Onyx eyeliner pencil around my waterline...


I then lined my upper lashline with Kate Gel Liner...


Curled my lashes with Anna Sui mascara base and Shu Uemura Precision mascara...


The finished eye!

In my opinion it's quite hard to make Japanese eyeshadows really dark and smokey, although that was my intention initially. Using a black base does intensity the colour slightly although it's not runway smokey if that makes any sense. I do like it though. The colours are all beginner-friendly and sheer. Not to mention, shimmery/glittery and all things sparkly!

I'm really excited to see what looks I can do with the new Lunasol Autumn 09 collection. I believe it's coming to Singapore end of the month!

4 comments:

eclecticsatire said...

Very pretty! Love this EOTD. :)

xoxo

p chan said...

i love lunasol palettes! but they are sooooo expensive!

JennXOXO said...

So pretty! I need to get my hands on a Lunasol palette one day :)

SuPeachChaya said...

hmm I used to think of buying this palette coz I love the lilac and yellow, but as I've seen many swatch, I found out that the yellow shade made almost no-color.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...