September 19, 2009

NYX 10 Color Eyeshadow Pallet - Jazz Night


Today I'm doing a review of the NYX 10 Color Eyeshadow Pallet in Jazz Night. Other mentioned palettes on lots of beauty blogs and Youtube are the smokey eye and champagne and caviar pallet. I decided to get this palette from Cherry Culture as it features lots of dark smokey looks using purples and blues...

The palette packaging is sleek and compact, having a number of light to dark color tones to suit your fancy. The mirror that comes with it is handy too.

The swatches for the top 5 shades are shown here. All the colours are relatively matte, with the only plum colour being more shimmery. The shadows have great pigmentation except the yellow which is slightly chalky. Texture wise, I would only give it a 3 out of 5 stars since some of it feels quite gritty.


And here are swatches for the bottom 5 shades. The only chunky glittery shade would be the silver. For 10 colours, I would definately give this palette a 5 out of 5 stars for value and versatility. For the price, you can't expect it to be the same quality as Stila or Shu Uemura eyeshadows. But at least this palette is alot better than many of the Dior quints I've seen so far. Doesn't these 5 colours remind you of the Dior Petal shine?


I decided to go for a blue smokey eye look today...


I used the NYX jumbo eyeshadow pencil in Pacific, then the mentioned colours from the NYX Jazz night pallet.



The look is still incomplete, so I topped it up with my Givenchy eyeliner


And some Ardel fake lashes in 110...


The complete look in 10 minutes!



My gear...

NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Pacific
NYX 10 Color Eyeshadow Pallet in Jazz Night
Majolica Majorca Lash Gorgeous Wing
Givenchy Parad Eyes Liner
Stila Kajal eyeliner pencil in onyx and pearl
Shu Uemura Hard Formula brow pencil
Shu Uemura glue
Ardel lashes 110
MAC vanilla pigment
Milani Blush in luminous
and NYX Indian pink on the lips

My ratings for the NYX palette in Jazz Night would be:
Quality: 3/5
Versatility: 5/5
Value: 4/5
Packaging: 4/5
Overall: 4/5

Do you like the other NYX palettes?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...