July 12, 2009

Origins 'Out of Trouble'

In Singapore, the humidity and heat has made my skin to problematic. I get oily in within a few minutes! Even with the amount of exercise I do, my skin seems to have a hard time to adjust from dry to humid weather. I suppose it could be a genetic link since both my parents are victims to adult acne. 

Today I'll be writing about the Origins 'Out of Trouble', a 10 minute mask to rescue problem skin. This is a highly raved mask on makeupalley, and can either be used as an all over mask or for spot treatments. Today I will be doing the full face. This 100mL tube retails for SGD$42 and can be found in major department stores (Metro, Tangs Vivo, Isetan Scotts to name a few).
The description on the bottle: 
"When skin is too slick or when more pressing problems start to pop up, it's Origins to the rescue to keen skin out of trouble. Nature's trouble-shooters including super absorbent zinc oxide and sulfer, calming camphor, plus skin-sloughing salicylic acid, rapidly respond to problem skin's plight with a three part plan-sop up oily-shine, slough off sticky dead cells and sweep away irksome debris. Together they steer skin clear of slipperly situations, refine rough texture and pull the plug on troublemakers to oust potential outbursts."

You layer this over a clean face and wait 10 minutes. So this is what I did today...

As you can see, this is a pretty standard mid-day oil. My skin is pretty clogged and oily after days in India. So I'm really hoping that this mask gives my skin the needed purification.  
The texture is like toothpaste, or rather it does feel and smell like toothpaste! But generally, it spreads easily and can be rinsed off much better than my other clay preprations.

After application, I can smell the strong scented camphor. There's a warming sensation which is very interesting. 

In about 10 minutes, the mask dries but it doesn't harden like other clay preparations. 
While cleansing I notice that my active pimples hurt a little, which it must be slightly irritated with the strong ingredients. After cleansing, I notice that my T-zone is definately clearer. My cheeks are also slightly reddish and my active pimples look pretty angry.

 My recommendation is not to use this on the whole face, especially if you have sensitive skin. It's very strong and has some hardcore ingredients like salicylic acid, camphor and zinc. I would only do this technique once a week at most. I will try the overnight spot treatment and hopefully I'll see an improvement. 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...