July 18, 2009

NARS Modern Love Palette


Today I will be showing you the new exclusive NARS eyeshadow palette in Modern Love. This is a newly released palette from Nordstrom. In fact, they're a bit late in the release as Europe already had it June. Nonetheless, it's a beautiful palette and I can feel that it's going to be my HG palette. If you already have the 9947, the colours are much more intense and smokey. This is a notch down and more 'la naturale'. 

The concept of this palette is to bring together the most popular and favourite eyeshadow shades. 
Not alot of people are fond of the rubbery packaging but for me I don't mind it. My impression of NARS is that its professional makeup artist line and don't usually give into the whole aesthetics of packaging. I have had too many palettes where I buy into the whole craze of the packaging and the product quality is mediocre. 
I can see myself working up a natural eye using the top 3 shadows or a soft smokey eye using the bottom. The names of each shade can be found on the picture below. 

Another close up...

All the top shades are opalescent and the textures are incredibly soft. It's crazily pigmented. I only had to swatch this once without any eyeshadow primer and the shadow really stands out. Even the Bobbi Brown nude eye palette can't compare.  

India Song to the far right is a gorgeous taupey brown. 

I'm in love with the middle shade Habanera, which they sell in the duo. But sometimes if you've noticed, NARS eyeshadow duos aren't all consistent. One side of the eyeshadow is excellent but the other is 'meh'. Well, this shade is definately the better one of the duo. To the right, the charcoal black is very very pigmented. Much more than carbon eyeshadow from MAC. 

You can buy this online from Nordstroms for $55. 

Or wait for the brand new Sephora @ Ion on the 21st July! :) 




1 comment:

Purele said...

Hi there! I just came across your blog :D~ I too love NARS~ their palettes always have such beautiful colours and they are soo pigmented! I'm so happy I found your blog :D

Check my blog out too! I'm hosting a giveaway on my jewelry blog: http://purelejewelry.blogspot.com/2009/07/grand-opening-giveaway.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...