July 12, 2009

Ettusais medicated acne T-zone oil block gel


This is my first opportunity to make a review of a product on my blog. Although I haul alot, I don't generally review. So I'm going to go through all my things and make a review for all my products. I'm an active reviewer on makeupalley (username: chia021). If you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to answer your questions. 

First up I'm doing a review for the Ettusais medicated acne T-zone oil block gel. 

Ettusais is a Japanese brand, providing an array of skincare and cosmetics. Their best selling product would be the loose powder. More information can be found here: http://www.ettusais.sg/

The tube comes in 20 grams and the product comes out a tip point which is generally hygienic. This is formulated as a gel which spreads very easily and soaks into the skin immediately. You apply this on the T-zone oily areas either before your base makeup or even after. The MUA mentions that you can use this as opposed to blotting papers. I find that a bit strange so I would still prefer to blot. The only disadvantage that I can think of is that once your powder is set, placing a gel over your nose will definately move your foundation. However, the main purpose is to reduce the oil secretion. This retails for SGD$37 and can be found at major department stores (Metro, Isetan Orchard, Robinsons Raffles to name a few). 

Ingredients are as follows: water, alcohol, zea mays (corn) starch, butylene glycol, silica, zylitol, betaine, camphor, menthol, dipotassium, glycyrrhizate, zanthan gum, pyridoxine hc1, eriobotrya japonica leaf extract, PP-13-decytetradeceth-24, carbormer, aminomethyl propanol, trisodium EDTA, Tocopherol. 

There is hardly any scent, which is a plus for me. On application, it gives a cooling feeling (because of the menthol). So I gave it a test go, using it under my Legere BB-cream which normally makes me super oily after 3 hours (this is the only product which has absolutely no oil control whatsoever). After 3 hours, I'm pretty happy that it's only developed a slight (but unnoticeable) amount of shine. Picture below still looks pretty matte, so I'm happy. I will definately update this when I've used this for a sufficient amount of time during my normal 8-hour office days. 

I got a haircut to rid myself of the curly birds nest that I've developed in the last few months! Will see how this hairstyle goes for another 1-2 months. 

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...